cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0 Update operation Failing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Been banging my head against the wall with this all day:

I have an MBO that joins two tables together - sales_order_items and product - from the sampledb

I have an update operation that runs fine standalone, but fails to execute when I try to test it in the MBO test execute wizard.

here is the sql for the update:

UPDATE sales_order_items soi, product p

SET p.name = :name,

p.description = :description,

soi.quantity= :quantity,

soi.ship_date= convert(varchar, :ship_date, 121)

WHERE soi.prod_id = p.id

AND (soi.id = :id)

AND (soi.line_id = :line_id)

AND (p.name = rtrim(:old.name))

AND (p.description = rtrim(:old.description))

AND (soi.quantity = :old.quantity)

AND (soi.ship_date = convert(varchar, :old.ship_date, 121))

It is failing with the following (from the workspace debug window):

java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute EISOperation.

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.eis.BaseEISOperation.execute(BaseEISOperation.java:283)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.eis.BaseEISOperation.execute(BaseEISOperation.java:165)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.eis.JdbcEISOperationImpl.execute(JdbcEISOperationImpl.java:190)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.ui.dialogs.preview.ExecuteSection.getRecordSet(ExecuteSection.java:289)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.ui.dialogs.preview.ExecuteSection.access$300(ExecuteSection.java:75)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.ui.dialogs.preview.ExecuteSection$3.run(ExecuteSection.java:192)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Caused by: com.sybase.vader.da.jdbc.MinCheckAffectedRowCountException

at com.sybase.vader.da.jdbc.JdbcCheckAffectedRowCount.execute(JdbcCheckAffectedRowCount.java:27)

at com.sybase.vader.service.interaction.PipelineCompositeInteractionOperation.execute(PipelineCompositeInteractionOperation.java:55)

at com.sybase.uep.tooling.eis.BaseEISOperation.execute(BaseEISOperation.java:265)

... 6 more

I read that the EIS data source and the MBO attributes need to have the same character length and I have confirmed that this is the case. Still failing.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the best way to get around this is to create a stored procedure. The update works fine within the stored proc but as a standalone update it fails.

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm getting exactly the same error.

What do you mean by a stored procedure? How do you pass the parameters from the UPDATE operation to the stored procedure?

Anyway I don't see why this is failing... It's an error known by Sybase, I found it here:

[http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01206.0200/doc/html/mqu1254774265030.html]

But I don't understand the explanation of the error that they give...

Can anybody help me?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I remember reading this kind of an error fix that they have done in the latest EBF ESD #1 for SUP 2.0 .

Please take a look at the error at sybase.com/downloads

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I solved the problem yesterday. Not exactly solved, but know I know what was causing it.

My table got a Nullable column. When SUP sends the values to the Android workflow, it converts the Null value to an empty string and then when you try to do the update operation the check that SUP does with the OLD values is failing because it's comparing NULL with empty.