cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure purchase requisition approvals by dollar amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a request to secure purchase requistion by dollar amounts. Basically users apporving the purchase requsitions cannot approve above a certain dollar amount for particular cost centres...i found object A_S_KOSTL which restricts by CC and Cost Centre and I was wondering if their is an object out there that can do all 3 ie CC, Cost Centre and amount.

Thanks,

Iron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you considered using "personalization" objects in stead of "authorization" objects?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I had not thought of personalization objects, but I will definitely look into it. Thanks a lot Julius.

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should talk to your functional guys to configure approval flow. The release strategy should be defined by amount. So anyway by release code and group you will be able to restrict PR approval.

P/S - I did not work in personalization object. Is it like possible agent and some configuration table maintenance?

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personalization is very usefull for stuff like this which you can attach both to the user ID and the role (user ID takes preference).

In contrast to Parameter IDs the user cannot influence them as they are an admin setting (changing the role or the user master record).

However, the personalization check must be called from the code.

I can recommend reading up about it. There are some blogs and even TechEd sessions on personalization for WDA and WS applications (where such scalability without Org. Levels but other limits is often a requirement).

Cheers,

Julius