cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change manager determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Solman Gurus,

We are implementing Change Request Management, my requirement is to determine the Change manager automatically based on the SAP component.

I used the similar action definition as Support team determination in service desk and met this requirement partially.

Issue is - Partner determination works for the first time when the change manager field is empty. Then even if i change the SAP component, change manager is not determined since partner is already determined.

Is there a way to overcome this. Please advice.

regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why change the SAP component, do you mean Ibase by that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not the ibase, Idea is to categorize the change request based on the Team / Application area. Once the SAP component is changed respective change manager should be determined so that it will be queued in his worklist.

this is something similar to Support team determination for the service desk messages.

i tried with the similar approach, but the issue once the change manager is determined, action is not determing the change manager again even i change the application area.

Please advice.

regards

Naveen

Edited by: Naveen Kumar on Aug 15, 2011 6:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is, change manager of one group should not approve the change requests of other teams.

For example, FI change manager should not be approving HR change requests. this is my requirement. Is there any way or best practice to achieve .

Please advice.

regards

Naveen

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

one solution

If you want to redetermine than you have to first delete the current change manager value from the ticket and then change sap component etc and click the action

now you can see the new value will be filled

because that action never overwrite the value so this is one solution

Another solution

Simply create a variant for crm_dno_monitor tcode and assign this variant to all the change manager with mine option selected in variant

so they can see only their team tickets Only as you want

Hope it answer

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakhar,

Thanks for replying.

Is my requirement possible thru custom development. If yes which badi i can use.

We need to have atleast three levels of approval before creating a correction document. this is possible thru actions but the requirement is For each approval respective Change Manager should be determined automatically based on the application area or SAP component.

1. When a change request is created, first level change manager have to be determined automatically based on the SAP component

2. After first level approval, second level chnage manager should be determined automatically also based on the SAP component

3. Then third level change manager should be determined after second level change maanager approves

Please suggest some possible ways for doing this .

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the requirement is possible in the custom development you can maintain the charm team structure ( as we maintain for support desk tickets in ppoma_crm )in the custom table and can be used the same in the order_save badi you can validate .

Regards,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Umesh...

We started working with a developer. I will update this thread once we complete our development.

regards

Naveen