cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Control

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP release in our case in 6.04. The activation type is 1.

The availability control is set for overall values. The budgeting currency is Transaction currency ( GBP). Is there any way to stop the excess amount due to exchange rate /type differences during availability check?

The Budget profile has P rate . However the PR( Assigned Value) is in M rate. How does the AVAC can make work here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error occurs because budget utilized (or un-utilized) for exchange rate difference is not accounted for in budget availability check. The availability control only works at PO level and not for GR/ IR (SAP standard practice). Therefore any difference accumulating due to exchange rate fluctuation is not accounted for in the budget check.

However, you may want to discuss this further with your MM consultant as there are conditions available in PO that help determine where this difference will be posted (static or fixed assignment in configuration). I guess some abap in user exits may help make this condition and assignment dynamic i.e. post directly to the specific WBSE.

Also, you may want to read up on "Currency Recalculation for Plan/Budget for Projects" TCode IMCRC3.

In case you do get a reply from SAP then please share.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Edited by: Ammar Zaheer Syed on Aug 15, 2011 7:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Thanks for your time. I think I confused you. What you are talking about is the FX Gain or Loss Account. That I can get it based on your anser.. ( in pricing condition.. the same way we do it in Sales Order discounts etc).

I am not going up to PO level. My issue is

WBS have 1000 GBP budget in T.Curr. ( WBS Object Curr. is USD.. so Object Curr, us 1500 based on P rate). We want to create a PR and PO in GBP. So the external activity have a price in GBP ( 1000 GBP and 1500 USD based on P rate) and a PR will be created upon Releasing the activity.

As soon as the PR is created, system check Budget against the Assigned value, ie. PR value. The PR value is 1000 GBP which is 1800 USD based on M rate.

Since Availabilty control is in Obj.Curr. System checks the WBS Budget which is 1500 USD and PR value which is 1800 USD

So Warning or Error based on my config.

Hope you get it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PSConsultant,

Sorry for the late reply. I have discussed about similar issues with SAP and various other consultants. There is no solution as of yet to cater to your requirements, sadly. SAP does recommend a customized solution whereby they allow budget and cost to be tracked in more than once currency (however this is usually viable for those companies working in different countries).

I believe you can try to re-design your business process in such a way to cater to this requirement i.e. probably maintain budget in GBP. Another option could be to not create a commitment at the PR level thereby by-passing the system control (this can be done by not providing any price at the PR level).

However I would like to question you why this is required. I mean isn't this the purpose of budget check to verify whether enough budget is available when the PR is created (which apparently is not available based on your scenario).

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

Thanks for your time. However.. I could make it work with a user exit available for Availability control.

As usual SAP didn't help on our issue. But but issue is a common issue for clients who deals with multi currencies in budgeting and invoicing plan. Thanks Again

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem psconsultant. Can you kindly share the user exit that you used to resolve your problem. It may be used by other including myself for future problems.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Syed Ammar Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAPLBPFC

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

post this issue to SAP. long back i faced same kind of issue, sap has suggested workaround solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks NAG. Do you remember the work around provided by SAP?

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sorry i don't remember properly. post to sap you could get the solution.