cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP - HR Trigger for New Hire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having issues with HR trigger for new hire. If the new employee has a future hire date (rather than the current date on which the Tcode PA40 hiring action is performed) then it is not capturing the data. Is there anything that I am missing or is this a limitation of CUP HR trigger?

We are on GRC 5.3 CUP 12.1

Regards,

Jay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayroop,

As per my knowledge it is not possible to use HR trigger with a future date.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raghu.

So how do we define the new hire rule for an employee who has a future start date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayroop,

Wait and see if the new GRC 10 allows to create an employee record with a future date

Else, recommend on this new feature to SAP.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for the reply.

So in essence, new hire trigger is of no use because majority of times employees will be hired with a future start date.

Not sure what we can do to have a HR process around this. Should we request our HR to set the start date as current date in IT 0001?

Regrads,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayaroop,

Logically the ID should be created when the employee record is created in the system. HR best practices is to created the employee record, only when the employee actually joins the company.

However, if you wish to create the employee with a future date, my recommendation would be to create the employee in the system with the same date, and create a stage less workflow to lock the user. This is to streamline the process.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

Answers (0)