cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Automatic creation of inspection Plan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My client has asked the following requirement.

They create a material master using a Z transaction. With saving the transaction a dummy BOM and routing. Now the the concerned user goes in change mode and update the BOM and routing data as required. In similar way it is required that an inspection plan for raw material also.

How is this possible and how to achiev this.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Logically it shouldnu2019t be! And as Craig has rightly pointed out, this would be difficult also.

I just came across this wiki page, http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/Automaticallycreategenericinspectionplans. Although I never tried this and not so confident , check its feasibility. Perhaps SECATs can link several events one after other.

I would like to reiterate it may prove risky if are able to do this as every material may have different BOM, routing or inspection plan. If anybody forgets to change / edit this, it may result in inaccuracies in inventory consumption.

Regards,

Anand Rao

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not really. Unles you have the most basic of inspection plans how would the system know what to put in it?

If you have really simple plans you might be able to automate the assigning of the material to an existing plan.

But an inspection plan is usually to complicated to automate the creation of one.

FF