cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy control error even though copy control maintained

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have searched in several forums to know the reason for this issue but I have not found anything similar to that. Could anyone please throw some light on it

1. When I create invoice (ZXYZ) from delivery (ZABC) SAP gives warning message as Delivery type ZABC cannot be invoiced with billing type F2. I have checked copy control header and item in VTFL (I donu2019t need to check the copy control configuration in VTAF as the initial order is Purchase order not sales order) and everything is correct. There is no copy control configuration between ZABC and F2, but with ZABC and ZXYZ. Not sure why system seeking for F2 when there is correct invoice type ZXYZ. Why is it so? If I enter ZXYZ manually in VF01 system creates it, but it should be derived automatically.

2. Another question is how does SAP know the correct invoice type when there is copy control entries? For example delivery type LF has copy control configuration for invoice types F1, F2, F8 etc. how does system know which invoice type among F1, F2, F8 be taken? If I have a standard order and delivery types for many sales organizations but different invoice types for them. I would configure this delivery type with many invoice types. Then how does system know which invoice type should be taken? We assign sales order type to sales area but not deliveries and invoices so how does it work?

In few threads issues like item category XXXX cannot be invoiced with F2 but i couldnt find similar issue which I have faced.

Any inputs?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184555
Active Contributor

Hi

I executed the transaction VF04 - Billing Due List (delivery related option) in IDES and the first record was a delivery for subcontracting. But the Billing Type field is Blank. When I selected the line item and tried to process it for invoice creation...I got the error-'Delivery type LB cannot be invoiced with billing type F2'. My guess is...when the invoice type is not specfied (thro config or other means)...the system will try to create the invoice with F2 document type and since the copy control is not existing between F2 and the specific delivery type and hence getting the error...as detailed below...

Diagnosis

Delivery type LB cannot be invoiced with billing type F2.

System Response

The system does not allow this transaction.

Procedure

Check the table entries for the copying control of billing

documents and add the missing entries as necessary.

Make the appropriate settings in Customizing if you have

the authorization to do so.

If you do not, contact your system administrator.

I guess, you had the similar issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi Sankar, Shiva Ram, Hegal K Charles and Typewriter for your time

@Ravi: Exactly, my issue was verymuch similar to it. How to fix this issue in standard way in order to get the correct billing type ZXYZ

@Shiva Ram: You are correct, I cannot enter the desired invoice type in VOV8 as the delivery is against PO. I've checked my delivery type ZABC in OVLK, the default order type under order reference is maintained as DL as you said. I understand why it should be set up like that. But how should it be fixed? Is entering billing type manually the solution for this? Could you give some inputs about how to fix this issue?

@Hegal K Charles: It is copy from FL. As I mentioned, it works if I enter manaully but I want the invoice type to be determined automatically.

@Typewriter: There was no sales order involved in it. It is against PO.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP_2006 ,

maintain the DELIVERY RELATED BILLING DOCUMENT in VOV8 for order type DL and check whether the default billing is coming when you do VF01. (assuming the required copy control is maintained between the delivery and the required billing type in vtfl)

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Aug 15, 2011 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your scenario now..this is similar to replenishment delivery.

For the delivery ZABC, since your order type is mentioned as DL create a new order type ZDL { exact copy of DL with copy controls, item categories etc. } and in the DL definition in VOV8 mention the delivery relevant billing as ZXYZ.

Regards,

Raghu.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your inputs and time!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 why system seeking for F2 when there is correct invoice type ZXYZ. Why is it so? If I enter ZXYZ manually in VF01 system creates it, but it should be derived automatically.

It can happen because of 2 reasons -

a. in VOV8, for your sales doc type, in field "Delivery related billing" = F2

b. in VOV8, for your sales doc type, in field "Delivery related billing" = BLANK. but you have made your order type a copy of OR. The the background system is choosing F2

In this field "Del related billing" give ZXYZ and default value in VF01 shall be the same

2 how does SAP know the correct invoice type when there is copy control entries

It is coming from VOV8.

in VF01 you give a document number (order # or delivery #), based on that it goes to the sales document type in VOV8 and chooses the billing type.

You can manually change billing type in VF01, it shall work provided you have done necessary settings in copy control.

To configure if user can bill with order or with delivery, this is controlled in Item category of sales document type, field "Billing Relevance"

There are 2 parts -

part 1 - Which billing type shall be choosen, or manually entered

part 2 - This shall work only if relevant settings are done in Copy control.

+If I have a standard order and delivery types for many sales organizations but different invoice types for them. I would configure this delivery type with many invoice types. Then how does system know which invoice type should be taken?

We assign sales order type to sales area but not deliveries and invoices so how does it work?+

For both delivery (in VL01N) and for invoice (in VF01) you have the option to manually choose the document type (change from default to what you want)

Generally, if you have a different business process (E.g. Rush order) you give specific sales doc type and associated delivery type and billing type in VOV8

But if business process is same and Sales area is different, then you do not change the billing type or delivery type; for reports you can select on the basis of particular sales area or other criterion like sales org.

Having too many document types could be a disadvantage by causing errors and increased manual work (by choosing correct document type etc.)

So, please think how to configure minimum entities in SAP to satisfy your business requirements.

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 13, 2011 3:24 PM

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It looks the initial selection of billing document type is fetched from the sales document type settings in VOV8. Here you can find the billing document type defined in the fields delivery related billing and order related billing types. In your case, the billing document is created against delivery document type, which in turn is created against PO. Since there is no sales order involved, the delivery type keep reference sales document as DL-Delivery without order document type. In VOV8, for this document type, the fields billing types are assigned with F1 and F2, Hence you get error message in VF01.

You can check in the delivery type (t.code OVLK), the document type DL is assigned as default order type. Hope this clears your doubts.

Regards,

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP2006,

Please try to select billing type FL in VF01 and do the invoice.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am confused with your question actually.. you're talking about PO>Delivery>F2 ?

In Sales cycle, the billing type[ delivery relevant] is defined in the SO doc type definition itself and system picks this up as the default billing type.

Could you please provide more clarity on the Purchase Order part you mentioned?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the hint. You are right delivery type and billing type would be mentioned on the sales document type. I missed it somehow

regarding the intial issue, it has got nothing to do with F2. It is like PO --> Delivery --> Invoice (PO --> ZABC --> ZXYZ) and I have copy control configuration between ZABC and ZXYZ still system throws error message with F2. It is like user creates PO and then creates delivery with transaction VL10B and then will do the invoice part.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about inbound delivery as in purchasing cycle?

i.e. PO-->Inbound delivery then shouldn't it be inbound invoice?

sorry, am little less knowledegable about PO cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it is outbound delivery, the user can create outbound delivery in the background from transaction VL10B and then do post goods issue and then invoice part.