cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassignment of WBS element to a different level within a hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a Project Definition with multiple Level 2, Level 3, and Level 4 WBS elements.

One of the user created a new WBS element at Level 4 that got assigned to incorrect Level 3.

Does anyone know if there is any utility available to re-assign this newly created WBS element from incorrect Level 3 to correct Level 3 WBS element. Following is an example:

Level 1 - WBS001

Level 2 - WBS001.201

Level 3 - WBS001.201.301

Level 4 - WBS001.201.301.401

Level 3 - WBS001.201.302

Level 4 - WBS001.201.302.411

Level 4 - WBS001.201.301.402 <<<< This WBS element was intended to be assigned to Level 3 - WBS001.201.301 but currently assigned to incorrect Level 3 - WBS001.201.302.

I would really appreciate any suggestion on this.

Regards,

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi,

You can either do a drag drop re-assignment in CJ20N or in CJ02 in the Edit menu you have options to move the WBS Elements around.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreekanth,

Thanks for your reply.

When I try to re-assign the WBS element using CJ20N, it gives me an error message "User status APPR is active for WBS $".

In config, I see that we can allow the Change Structure transaction in the Status Profile.

Do you know if there are any consequences that one should be aware of if someone re-assign the WBS element specially if there are transactions posted under the WBS element that is re-assigned.

Thanks.

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot move he WBS Elements if the budget exists for this WBS or a price agreement. There are few other restrictions as well with respect to status. Please go through the SAP documnetation on changing the hierarcy for the details.

Regards

Sreekanth

0 Kudos

How to restrict such mistakes? That is, creation of 4th level without third level.

creation of 4th level under 2nd level.

Thanks

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"WBS001.201.301.402" this key represents the level 4 only.

With this key how can you make it as level 3? system does not allow.

The WBS element WBS001.201.301.402" should come under WBS001.201.301 - am I right?.

In CJ20N, go to menu bar Project > Derive Structuer > Check and then Execute. I guess, by changing level of WBS element, it will not have any effect on WBS$ or you undo the user status and after execution set back user status.

Hope this will solve your problem.

Regards,

PSR

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

select the wbse which you to change the level and do drag and drop on the required wbse. i would suggest you to test on the available test system before posting the thread.