cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTCCTOOL check - EWAlert setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am running RTCCTOOL for Service Preparation Check.

All the checks are OK except EWAlert setup. System shows Red flag and message as below :

===========================================================================================

7. [Note 207223 ] EWAlert setup

Description Setup of the EarlyWatch Alert service

[ checks that min. 2 EWAlert sessions to SAP Solution Manager or to SAP

are found in last 60 days, and that SDCC session manager job runs ]

Implementation We recommend that SAP Solution Manager be used to monitor your systems

via Earlywatch Alert. In this case you activate it just by including

a system into a Solution Landscape. See the note 1257308 . If this is

not possible, data for productive systems can be processed at SAP.

===========================================================================================

I have configured Ealrly watch on Solution manager as well as on my production system. Weekly Early Watch Alert report is also generated and I am receiving it on my email id regularly.

What above error shows I can't understand. Is there any setup is pending ?

REgards,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You will get this message if the criteria is not met. Has it been met?

E.G. Have you now run 2 EWA reports in the last 60 days?

SAP Note 207223 is used to process EWA reports at SAP, and is for custoemrs that don't have a Solution Manager system

or it is unavailable to process EWAs.

So this is really a check in SDCC/SDCCN for an EWA SDCCN Task to have been scheduled/run at least 2 times in the last 60 days, as EWA reports are intended to run once per week, this should be satisfied by the 3rd week.

You mention the EWA is running and you get the emailed report regularly. This would indicate that you have bene generating it for a while, but it also sounds like you just set this up.

And when you run RTCCTOOL is it on the Solution Manager system or the Managed production system?

Have you generated more thn 2 EWA reports for the system you are running RTCCTOOL on in the last 60 days.

Also ensure you have setup the EWA according to best practices, especially the SDCCN setup at this link

https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001873212008E

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav,

Just make it 'green' manually in rtcctool result.

Thanks

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you do that:

Just make it 'green' manually in rtcctool result.

when you send the ewa, on point "service preparation" you can red that this point had set green manually, that indicated that the problem is not solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nirav,

I am very new in BASIS, please provide me the document or Steps for how to configure the EarlyWatch in Production as well as in Solution Manager.

Regards,

Sanjay Jha

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it seam that you have a error on sdccn setup.

Check this Best Practice for Solution Management:

"Activating the SAP EarlyWatch Alert on solman 700"

you can found it on "Application Life-Cycle Management" -> "SAP Solution Manager and Tools" -> "SAP Solution Manager for Partners " -> "Information for Service Provider " -> "Setup Documents":

[url]https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000567342009E.PDF[url]