SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: UoM not allowed for oil or natural gas quantities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I keep getting this error message when i want to post GR for PO material.

>>

Unit of measure 3BU not allowed for oil or natural gas quantities

Message no. O3077

Diagnosis

You have entered a unit of measure that does not belong to one of these dimensions: volume, mass, energy or dimensionless. For these dimensions, standard code has been developed by SAP for the conversion process within the Quantity Conversion Interface (QCI). If you need to perform a conversion between quantities that have units of measure with different dimensions, you have to write a BADI implementation for this conversion.

Procedure

Choose a unit of measure that is linked to one of the dimensions listed above or write an implementation for the conversion using transaction SE19 and BADI OIB_QCI_DIM1_TO_DIM2, method DIMENSION_TO_DIMENSION . For this method, an example implementation is delivered with IS OIL Service Pack 2, 4.6C and subsequent releases.

>>

In material master tab oil specific data I assign UoM Group Natural Gas (NGA), and this UoM 3BU (energy) is assigned to these UoM group. I already try to change this UoM to another UoM with same dimension but this message is always appear.

Has anyone facing the same problem?Please give me some suggestion.

Rgds,

Aleluya.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have added multiple UOM with same dimension.

It will be gr8 if you can send the screen shot of the UOM group in here so that can tell you what exactly is wrong

Thanks & regards

Kalpesh Chavda

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether you have added multiple UOM with same dimension.

It will be gr8 if you can send the screen shot of the UOM group in here so that can tell you what exactly is wrong

Thanks & regards

Kalpesh Chavda