cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a Solution Manager project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Solman experts,

My prof. wants to know if it is possible to export a solution manager project to another Solution Manager. So experts, how to do an export of an project an how to import it in another one? If there is no possibilty please tell me also!!

Thank you for answering!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

It is true that the transport is easy if the connection for transport between the systems is created correctly.

But the consequences are delicate.

E.g. a project that is assigned to a released transport request cannot be deleted.

And there are difficulties to change the projects in both systems back to be local. Any change to the origin project needs authority to add the change to the transport if the project is not defined to be local ($TMP in transport tab).

To avoid this problem you can copy the project first by the transaction SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN and then transport the copy.

Another point of view is: If the origin project was defined to be local ($TMP in transport tab) some assigned objects may got lost (e.g. links, assigned users, testers). On the other hand: if you define the transport request first before creating objects to the project you enhance effort for maintaining the project. Because any change has to be added to the transport request. And the users need the authorities to do so.

I hope this additional information helps you too.

Best regards,

Adelbert

Edited by: Adelbert Kaub on Aug 24, 2011 7:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

As prakhar said, it is very simple, you just need to pay attention to some details, like the document's(documents attached to the project) status, and the type of the project, as in case of the template projects like explains the link below:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/TemplateProjectsinProductiveSystems

Kind regards,

Fabricius

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

yes it is possible via creating and attaching a transport request to your project

goto

solar_project_admin tcode

choose your project here and from the sap menu choose Transport option

now provide the transport request and save in it

now basis can transport this request as per need

Hope it clarifies

regards

prakhar