cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when uploading; the file name is invalid, or the file is too big

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I am trying to upload an .txtl file via WDA using File Upload UI element in sap crm. But application is throwing me following exception when i am trying to click submit button.

Error when uploading; the file name is invalid, or the file is too big

System is throwing above error even for a file with size 3 KB.

I also tried with the standard WDA : WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS. I am getting the same error there.

Does some one knows, the root cause of this error.

Thanks,

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we are getting exactly the same message in some cases, regardless of file size, path length or file name.

As the message only appears for selected users and for these only in IE8 and not in Firefox, we believe that the cause for the error is likely on the client side, especially in some IE settings.

Is there any advice available what to look for and where to check?

Thanks in advance,

M. Büttner

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even i face the same problem. And Its not about file size. And its about length of file name.

If you select the file , it will take file name as...for example c:/docuemtns and settings/foldername/filename.txt

this will be long text for file name

try like this,

place you file directly in C drive and not in any folder, and upload file, then it wil work

because file name simple C:/file.txt

Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 12, 2011 10:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sanasrinivas,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to do the way as u mentioned but still getting the same error.

Thanks,

regards,

akshay ruia.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just test the WDR_TEST_UI_ELEMENTS component and try to upload a file using upload element in above component.

If you still get same error for all file types

Perhaps someone incorrectly set the maximum request size parameter: ( icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB )

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/69ef8be8a607d6e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

Regards

Srinivas

Edited by: sanasrinivas on Aug 12, 2011 4:43 PM