cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Response

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have scenario where I am sending a message to a webservice. The problem is that the webservice is going to give me a response which I have to feedback to the sender and this response is going to be a plain text boolean value "True" or "False".

So essentially my response is going to be completely plain text.

I thought I could use the message transform bean but I need it only for the response and not the request.

Does anybody have ny ideas as to how you would solve this? I have searched through the forums but have not really found anything of use so far.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have more information. I am trying to reverse engineer this thing, so sorry for updating th question.

So it looks as if we will receive the boolean value to let us know if the call was successful or not. If we get a false, it will be acoompanied by a fault message.

Now I don't have any return structures in the WSDL what so ever which initially caused me to think this was an async interface. However I was then told that it does respond and it responds with the above hence my investigations on how to handle this now.

It seems to me like this is a technical response, have any of you had this situation before?

Thanks for your input

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand your scenario is async. I guess, Basically you are looking for acknowledgement status codes like 200, 300,400, 500 etc

If your message flow is successful you basically get http code 200 ok. If the webservice does not provide response in WSDL as response mesg structure, you cannot retrieve response. However you can see in the monitor SXMB_MONI about your transaction results. Whether your connectivity to webservice is successful or not . if not you get the soap fault code. Remember soap fault message response deals with application errors not system errors. If the target system does not provide, you cannot use that. But you see soap fault code for every soap communication. You cannot retrieve that response code directly. You might right some abap report to read the error response.

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since the WSDL does not include any response structure, would not be able to handle this in the PI interface, either sync or async.

As mentioned above, you can see the response status in PI sxmb_moni but you can not transfer this to the sender.

One option would be to go for a BPM and use a transport acknowledgement in the send step to SOAP. Then as per the ack, you can send a response back to the original sender.

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

web service is a standard. So the developers of the web service cannot just do what they want.

If the web service is synchronous, you receive a SOAP response which you have to examine at sender (not inside PI)

If the web service is asyncronous, the response is a status. An error is reported by alert management, there is nothing else you can do inside PI.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can add a JAVA mapping in the response mapping part which will read your text and then generate the required output format....why is the WS responding back with only true/ false....what have they provided you in the response structure of the WSDL?

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your case dont use message transformbean in SOAp adapter.

Also let us know the type of sender system

First send the response back to the sender system as xml and in sender system feedback receiver adapter use Messagetransformbean to convert this xml back to plaintext

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

what is your sender system type is it a file or web service or you are sending data through proxy ?

depending on that we can suggest

thanks

Ninad