cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Scenario without CS module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a business scenario with our client.

They want to provide service/repair for the goods sold.

they have warranty periods as well for products so they wont charge for goods under warranty

and want to charge after the warranty expires. how do we track the warranty details or wer can we maintain these detain in sales order.

Can we do this process in std SD without CS module.

Experts please advice.

regards

sachin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you van use the service order - service invoice process.

service charge and service taxes would apply.

for warranty - you can maintain in a Z-table - and maintain customer wise warranty.

in pricing you can check the table th,. Requirement routine for the condition type and decise whether it applies or not.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samit,

Can you please elaborate on what basis to create Ztable for warranty period and with what reference.

say suppose the customer buy the same product how we will derive the warranty date? and what are the fields we need to maintain in Ztable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

may be you can create a repair order type. maintain copy ctrl - from the sale invoice (I guess if warranty is in question - then sale invoice would be available). maintain at item level too. Check - Carry out new pricing in copy control.

separate repair pricing procedure for repair order type - Repair charges (manual entry), taxes

In that pricing procedure assign the ruotine (as mentioned earlier) for repair charges condition type. Z-table would be required to read the warranty period for the customer and material combination, maybe with year, etc.

although the material names would be copied from sale invoice - the items mean repair items only. may be you can change material description for printing purpose. cycle would be - repair order -> repair invoice.

Let me know if this seems to work.

Edited by: Samit C on Aug 12, 2011 3:39 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi if do not want to introduce CS then ok but atleast you have to manage serial number data or equipment master data

Configure serial number profile

Assign that in material master and put serialization level as 1 (so your material & serial number will same)

Now when you sale material

then in sales order menu Extra >>> Technical object you maintain serial number

Then for same serial number in IQ02 enter warranty data

If you integrate CS module that will be better

Because in CS in notification/order level warranty check happens so user came to know weather it is within warranty or warranty expire where as withou cs you have to see serial number and its warranty by individually through IQ02 or IQ03

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

The problem here is client is maintaining in batch numbers for the materials, i Hope in this case we cant maintain both serial number and batch number right. In this case how to go ahead?

Regards

sachin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can, batch is not any concern for this,

kapil