cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queues performance issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

We're running load tests on PI 7.1 in order to be sure it's able to handle current productive PI 7.0 load and then swith to it. The scenarios are emulation of orders and documents send from shops to ERP & BI systems (SOAP2Proxy).

Actually 7.1 handles the load perfectly well, the three parameters we're monitoring (java threads, cpu usage and memory usage) are ok. The only thing that bothers me is queues. I have a large ammount of messages in XBT0* queues for ERP & BI:

XBTO2___0006 797

XBTO2___0007 808

XBTO2___0008 852

XBTO2___0009 1.036

XBTO3___0000 1.098

XBTO3___0001 945

and so on.. 2___ stands for ERP, 3___ - for BI.

I have maintained such parameters as EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL and EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL in sxmb_adm, I've also maintained messaging.connectionDefinition property of SAP XI AF Core.

XBTI* queues are comparetevly normal:

XBTI0000 112

XBTI0001 108

XBTI0002 104

XBTI0003 108

XBTI0004 103

XBTI0005 113

XBTI0006 106

XBTI0007 111

XBTI0008 123

, though during a long load time they are stopped being processed too - PI smth like hangs, though all its recources are available.

So my question is - why do we have such behaviour with queues, though hardware resources are ok? and what should we do to have normal message processing and thus move to 7.1 ?

Regards,

Dmitriy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member866
Explorer
0 Kudos

What is the solution to make this XBTO* queues to get processed rather than piling up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmirty ,

To handle large asynchronous message in queues you can use message packaging where multiple message are processed in one package . to make it applicable you have to perform these simple steps

1. go to SXMB_ADM add one RUNTIME parameter PACKAGING and value 1

2 GO TO transaction SXMS_BCONF set delay time 0 message count 100 messages and package size 1000 KB

with these setting your improvement will increase .secondly also put IN SXMB_ADM monitor category parameter QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED TO 1

this will automatically start your queue . Only thing you have to take care if you enable packaging them don't keep too many parallel queue i.e EO_INBOUND_PARALLEL and EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL should be less than 20

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh, thanks for yor reply

I've already got packaging set to 1. The only thing that confuses me is

> 2 GO TO transaction SXMS_BCONF set delay time 0 message count 100 messages and package size 1000 KB

- can't find anything like delay time / msg count / pac ksize there...

Where exactly a these parameters maintained?

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SXMB_ADM,

then click on Configure Event-Controlled Message Processing under configuration node

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've applied suggested recommendations but there is still nogood - queues keep on collecting messages w/o processing them. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to schedule the JOB which will process the messahge

Go to SXMB_ADM,

then click on Configure Event-Controlled Message Processing under configuration node

Here you will find Job id with every entry. schedule that job or manually run the job

Also check IDXPW transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check SAP note 1037176 you will get detail idea about message packaging and related configurations .

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saurabh,

thanks, but all these settings are enabled in 7.11 by default

Dmitriy

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is nothing to do with PI. The XBTO queues are on the ABAP backend systems. They are not able to process the messages with the speed which PI is pumping them. You might want to increase the degree of parallelism on the ABAP systems so that the processing might become faster.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might need to increase work process.

Analyse the performance header of the messages and check the pipeline step which is consuming time.

former_member866
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You have any solution for this issue.