cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WD4A and check table

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SE11, we can define a check table for a field in the structure.

for example, define T001W for ZWERKS-werks, where ZWERKS is a transparent table.

and when we insert data into ZWERKS in SE11, an error message will pop up when we entered a invalid plant value in the ZWERKS-WERKS field.

I'm wandering if this policy also works in WD4A?

I Heard someone said it also works in WD4A but I tested and failed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

how did you defined the T001W attribute in webdynpro component ?

you should define that attribute as same field type,then you will get the same functionality automatically.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe I misunderstand the check?

I create a transparent table named ZWERKS, with field MANDT WERKS, all primary key.

I create foreign key for WERKS with T001W: checked required, foreign key type 'not specified', cardinality 1:1.

I create an attribute in wd_context with type ZWERKS-WERKS, and an inputfield bind to it.

When I input an invalid plant value and press enter, there is no message showing up.

And when I do the db operation, insert ZWERS from wa. the sy-subrc is 0.

Where is the check?

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check table values are act as F4 help values, not mandatory values. If you maintain values in Values table( domain level) then ,field values must be from value table.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

The ZWERKS-WERKSu2018s domain is WERKS, whose value table if T001W..

I thought when I press enter, the WD4A will check the pending input on the page and find the ZWERKS-WERKS has invalid input, but no error message show up.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ,

This kind of check is directly not possible in webdynpro. If you populate the Attribute_value_set (via the context node info), then the framework will do the validation of whether the user entered data is available in the attribute value set.

I believe this the same behavior in SAP GUI as well. You will get the error only if you are inserting the record into the DDIC table. Isnt it?

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Sarra, I think so.

I checked field werks validation process in the SAP GUI program, when I input a plant value, the program will manually check whether this value exists in T001W by select single werks from T001W, Not automatically by some checking policy.

And as you said, The WD4A will check the value in the user-defined attribute value_set or the field domain value list.

I will keep this thread for 2 days for further ideas.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SE11, we can define a check table for a field in the structure.

> for example, define T001W for ZWERKS-werks, where ZWERKS is a transparent table.

>

> and when we insert data into ZWERKS in SE11, an error message will pop up when we entered a invalid plant value in the ZWERKS-WERKS field.

>

> I'm wandering if this policy also works in WD4A?

Hi.,

Why you are wandering..!!

From WDA or from WDJ or normal Report any where you are accesing data base and updating data base rite..!! So It will work in WDA also., it is at data base level., When Inserting New Records it will check foreign key relation ship .

Check correctly..

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran