Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample management during inwarding

vineeth_varghese
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a scenarion where MM and QM integration is needed. I am inwarding a material with batch management and along with each batch, I will receive a fixed quantity of sample in separate box. There will be separate sample box for each batch of that inwarding material.

Also I need to track that sample separately and needs to store it for future reference. I mean, sample for all batches I received for that above said Material. How can I do this?

Example:

Material- ABC,

Batches are ABCX1, ABCX2, ABCX3..

Thanks

Vineeth Varghese

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For this you can also use Physical sample ( inspection type 15) .

Sample management :The Quality Management (QM) application component includes comprehensive functions for processing and managing physical samples during goods receipt and production. The Sample Management component supplements the existing QM functions for processing samples by allowing you to:

Identify physical samples on the basis of unique, client-wide keys

Record inspection results for physical samples

Manage the physical-sample data in the system

store and retail sample for a duration.

After you process/receive sample from vendor you can create manual lot of origin 15 in QPR1.

Explore !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineeth,

If you need to track the sample separately and need to store it for future reference, then while posting the stocks in QA11 post the sample quantity to "To reserves".

The quantity you enter is posted to a storage location of blocked stock. This storage location is used to manage a quantity of the sample that is kept in reserve after an inspection

Thanks and Regards

Hari