cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend Search performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru guys.

How do I can create syncronous backend search function in SUP+DOE ?.

My currently Backend Searchs running from mobile are too slow (about 1 minute), but when I called using (se37) it was very fast (about 1 second).

Are there any other way to increment the speed in backend search calls in SUP+DOE ?

Regards,

Erico.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erico,

Let's first narrow down the problem of time taken area.

Check Session Monitoring for DOE connector for the time of the backend search message received to DOE and response for the same message. This is the time taken in DOE + Backend. If it is more then we need to see the process here which takes time.

Rest of the time is taken in SUP + device processing.

Let us know the timings of these processes then we can further analyse about the issue.

As far as i know, synchronous backend search is not supported yet. Let me confirm once again.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva.

First thank you, without your help my currently project never achive the goal.

I didn't find Session Monitoring for DOE connector link, I found "Client Communication Session Monitoring" , but it didn't show anything.

Is there a configuration to show the Session Monitoring for DOE connector in DOE portal administrator ? I use netweaver 7.10 sp 11 with doe connector 1.1 sp 4.

Regards,

Erico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried Assign role: SAP_SDOE_ESDBR_DWLD to user to check session monitoring , but the link Session monitoring for DOE Connector still not visible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

I found the menu.

I viewed the log and my be_search showed (about 29 seconds)

ABE_SRCH Step Ended with success 12.08.2011 10:23:03

BE_SRCHNO Step Ended with success 12.08.2011 10:23:32

if I use se37 the same function run about (2 seconds)

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks. It is our responsibility to support customers/partners whoever implementing solutions based on NW Mobile 7.10.

OK. 29 seconds was taken by:

DOE + Backend + data push to SUP server.

Now, Check STAD transaction and see which process is taking more time. This will give us the info of which process is taking time.

In DOE, there will not be any processing except logging the message into monitoring related tables. So, could you please check how many entries exist in SDOE_WSE_LOGS table. If this table has more data then please cleanup the table using report: SDOE_CLEAR_SOAP_LOGS.

Post the STAD readings anyway which will help in finding the process taking time.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SIva

Thank for the information, you are a good professional and a excelent teacher.

I followed your script but in transactions (stad or st03n) nothing was displayed. I found the article

Using STAD for Sizing Back-End Loads using DOE

- http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90372c41-a1cf-2c10-7287-d9ff7b2cd67b, but in statd there aren't records.

Is there any option to activate the statistics in stad for DOE ? What is wrong ?

Regards,

Erico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the mistake, the problem is my server time zone and my user time zone. now i view the records. I will prepare the test as soon as possible and send to you.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follows the result ( how do i send to you the file with the entire log ?)

I think that the great's villians are

Wait for work process 46.285 ms

Database request time 49.168 ms

Analysis of time in work process

CPU time                   1.255 ms
RFC+CPIC time             66.271 ms

Total time in workprocs   65.455 ms

Response time          117.162 ms

Wait for work process     46.285 ms
Processing time           13.721 ms
Load time                  2.580 ms
Generating time                0 ms
Roll (in+wait) time        5.442 ms
Database request time     49.168 ms
Enqueue time                   0 ms

Analysis of ABAP database requests (only explicitly by application)

Connection                    DEFAULT         Request time        49.168 ms
  Database requests total        10.050         Commit time            444 ms
  DB Proc. Calls                      0         DB Proc. Time            0 ms

Type of             |Database | Requests  |Requests  | Database|   Request | Avg.time /
  ABAP/4 request      | rows    |           |to buffer | calls   | time (ms) | row (ms)

Total               |3.928    |10050      |3.562     |3.561    |49.168     |692,6

Direct read         |  739    |3.653      |2.460     |         |   304     |108,0
  Sequential read     |2.063    |5.274      |1.102     |2.437    |48.289     |725,5
  Update              |  387    |  387      |          |  385    |   147     | 71,3
  Delete              |  359    |  326      |          |  359    |   119     | 22,5
  Insert              |  380    |  410      |          |  380    |   309     | 66,7

Answers (0)