cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Adapter with Webservice Provider URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I did. Configured a Receiver SOAP adapter with SOAP 1.1 Message Protocol. Target URL is the WSDL URL Binding (SOAMANAGER) with authentication.

When I test the scenario the Message is through PI and Communication Channel - No errors

However strangely I do not see anything happening in ECC. Sometimes a log shows up in SOAMANGER "SOA Runtime Log/Trace Viewer" which has SOAP Runtime Error Information. This is very inconsistent again.

I have tested SOAP with XI 3.0 Message Protocol and the messages are through in ECC. No problems there.

Also Tried with directly using "SOAP Location URL" from within the Binding WSDL URL. This also results in DUMP in ECC.

Does SOAP adapter with SOAP 1.1 Message Protocol support Webservice Provider in ECC EHP5(SOAMANAGER Binding)? Is it built to support this kind of scenario? Or only WS adapter can invoke the Binding URL?

Is there any other URL that can be invoked with SOAP -SOAP1.1?

Using PI 7.1 Service Pack 5.

Pavan.

Edited by: pavan sodani on Aug 12, 2011 4:57 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you properly expose the RFC/Class in SOAMANAGER of the backend system? there is no endpoint created by default. You have to create and endpoint for a logical system (I guess). Then try calling the webservice from any 3rd party tool like Altova XML Spy. If that works then the ABAP webservice is working good and could be called from PI.

VJ