cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bid Invitation Alert - SRM_BID_INV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have an issue with the Bid invitation alert, The alert providea a URL to the Bidders in the possible subsequent activities section of the triggered email for them to follow and check the Bid. Since this URL does not really work we have to replace it with a correct one. The problem is that this URL is not maintained or configured in the SRM_BID_INV in ALRTCATDEF. I tried by providing the new URL in the SRM_BID_INV alert and when triggered the mail has both the old URL followed by the new URL.

Could anyone please tell me where this URL is coming from, or where i can check to see if its maintained.

The OLD URL is basically the link to the sap server which when clicked asks for login details which the Bidder do not have.

Thank you in Advance

Edited by: vikasshettyk on Aug 11, 2011 8:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have provided a different smartform in implementation for BADI BBP_OUTPUT_CHANGE_SF. If not, the URL is provided in the standard smratform: BBP_OUTPUT_COVER.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YAng,

Thank you for your response.

I checked the BAPI and there are 2 custom smartfroms mentioned in the BAPI, one of which is a copy of the standard smartform BBP_OUTPUT_COVER.I checked the smartfroms but the alert message we recieve are not being generated from the smartform. The body and subject are all coming up from the SRM alert for the BID.

I tested the Alert using the report RSALERTTEST and when this triggers the mail it only contains the URL which we have included in the Alert.But when this alert is triggered when we publish the BID invitation it has the OLD url also in the possible subsequent activities.

Is there any possibility of this getting picked up due to some settings in the Alert.

Below is the sample mail.

Subject: Please check bid invitation 2000001041..

Importance: High

Alert ID: ##00581##

Please check bid invitation 2000001041.

Possible Subsequent Activities

http://Server_name/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/BBP_QUOT/?client=010&sap-client=010&language=EN&sap-language=EN&BID_GUID=4E482D562A9B013DE10080009974E128&OBJECT_ID=2000001041

Follow the link to view the Bid Invitation HTTPS://Address.com

The one in bold is the OLD URL and the italicised is the new one.

Edited by: vikasshettyk on Aug 15, 2011 7:22 PM

Answers (0)