cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to after Creating a Web Dynpro Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My question might a little stupid so please don't mind. I have created a web dynpro application where the user enters a sales order no and the output of is shown in an ALV format in web dynpro. My question is what next, I mean how do I give it to the users to use it. They should only be given the URL which is generated?

Also if i directly enter the URL it asks me for my Username Password of the SAP Logon. can this be avoided like some reports where one cant make any changes in the database just get the output this Username Password thing be skipped

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.,

You can create a Transaction for Web Dynpro Application to dispaly in browser as well as in SAP GUI.,

check this:

else you can integrate it in Portal by creating iviews.,

check this article: [How to integrate Web Dynpro ABAP in Portal|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/008fc414-997f-2e10-3899-fd895ec8eb5e]

hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally after developing webdynpro application, the same will be integrated into client portal.

By using application parameter name, we have to create IVIEWS in Portal and we can make settings like.. application will be accessible to only some users.

End users will access the application in portal.thats it.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the SICF transaction to access the services. Your newly created application is available there as service. you can customize the logon procedure for this Service. Say for example use your login credentials for the service so that all the internet requests use this credential for this application.

Explore in this direction, this will be good learning for you as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please Elaborate the SICF part.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Do the following

1. goto the transaction (TCODE) SICF

2. navigate to the node default_host/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/

3. under this node you will find a node for your WDA application name

4. open that node. change to edit mode and maintain the Logon data in the Logon data tab.

BR, Saravanan