cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP 2.0 Query limiting option clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

I need some clarifications about the query limiting option for the synchronization parameters.

I have developed a test case based on [this documentation page|http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01283.0200/doc/html/fre1250012855299.html] but the parameter is not working as expected.

I have 4 pairs of objects in the CDB with a parameter called "state". 2 object have state=A, 2 state=B and so on. The synch parameter is mapped to "state" and query limiting is NOt enabled (synch param is mapped also to a load param). Here is what I got from a test BB application:

Synch with synchParam=A - MyMBO.findAll().size()=2 Rows transmitted=5 (guess there is some kind of control records). OK

Synch with synchParam=B - MyMBO.findAll().size()=2 Rows transmitted=5 (the previous search is erased from local DB.)

Synch with synchParam=C - MyMBO.findAll().size()=2 Rows transmitted=5 ...

I have the same result with query limiting checked.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to use the syncronization parameters to achieve a "Delta" synchronization (i.e. not erasing previous data)?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a default value set for the load parameter? I think the only way this could happen is that the CDB is being synched with the EIS initially because there is no default and then the whole result set is there and is returned regardless of the synch parameter. I think it may be a bug because it should not behave that way, but it seems to without a default value for the load parameter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry I meant synch parameter when I said load parameter. Do you have a default for the synch parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jesse,

thank you very much for your answer, it helped a lot.

I had to specify a default parameter and in my code remove the getSynchronizationParameters().delete() after every call.