Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TargetNamespace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have PI 7.0 SP16.

I got a wsdl and xsd's (as his external references) for a web service exposed by a third party.

when I use the wsdl as an external defenition in the integration builder I see no messages. (after using all all the xsd's as his

external references by using the schemaLocation string in the source of each one)

when I checked a bit into it, I found that if I change the targetNamespace (to the namespace where I created the external defenition) in the wsdl:defenitions part of the wsdl, all the messages appear and are properly usable.

however I don't know if after doing so I'll still be able to call the web service.

Can anyone tell me why is the targetNamespace affecting the external defenition like this? is it a bug in this version?

Should I be trying to change the wsdl, or should I ask the third party to change their wsdl?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replys.

It seems that the namespace that the company used has a length bigger than 60, and so the XI could not accept it.

Anyone know if this is the standard for wsdls? (having namespaces not bigger than 60?)

If this is the standard, where can I find a documantation for it?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is a SAP NOTE explaining what to do in your situation.

Note 901988 - Integration Builder: Namespace of external definitions

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot!

The note indeed explains what to do.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we faced similar kind of problem. Solution to our case was we have informed url of target namespace to 3rd party and they used that URL while creating the web service at their end. After that they provided us new WSDL which worked fine for us. So you can try this.

Regards,

Nayan

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can anyone tell me why is the targetNamespace affecting the external defenition like this? is it a bug in this version?

Should I be trying to change the wsdl, or should I ask the third party to change their wsdl?

Not sure if this is a bug, have you checked the SAP Notes for this strange behavior? With regards to changing the WSDL, it is unlikely that the third-party will change because it might also be used by other applications. What you can do is to create a new namespace in PI with the same name as value in targetNamespace. After creating the namespace, create/import your external definition there.

Hope this helps,

Mark

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Should I be trying to change the wsdl, or should I ask the third party to change their wsdl?

You are consuming third party web service. So you should not change the WSDL by yourself. If you have concerns, Please talk to third party and let them to change and after their changes import the latest wsdl in PI and use it.

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The WSDL should show the associated message types that it deals with once imported in to PI as external definition. If it is not showing, then the WSDL is not according to the standards.

3rd Party WSDls must not be edited locally and especially the name spaces.

VJ