cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excise invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In excise invoice, duty is calculated based on CIF value(commercial invoice value) from billing document now my requirement in the case of export clearances excise duty to be calculated based on FOB value after deduction of freight and insurance for this requirement is there any standard configuration is there pls help on this.

Regards,

Kanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For calculation values on Base price

10 Pr00 100

20 base price 10 100

30 Insurance 10 2% - 2

40 Frieght 10 1 -1

50 Total 97

60 BED 10 8% 8

70 Ecs 60 2% 1.60

80 Shecess 60 1% 0.80

90 Total 108

If you want the calculation after deducting Frieght and insurance if excise dept accepts then for BED put the value to be picked up from 50 instead of 10.

regards,

Sudhir

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you showing freight and insurance values separately through a condition type or these are included in the basic price.

If it is shown separately, then straightaway you can assign the step number of PR00 against your excise condition type.

On the other hand, if it is included, assuming that the freight rate is not going to fluctuate for each and every shipment, you can have a condition type with calculation type as percent and maintain condition record with negative percent. Similarly, for insurance also since it is a fixed percent, you can include the same in the above condition type to arrive FOB value. Based on this, ED can be calculated.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are showing freight and insurance separately so now i need to assign the step number of PR00 to that freight condition type right?

Kanna

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
need to assign the step number of PR00
      to that freight condition type

No you need to assign to your ED condition type.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to use PR00 as the base for Excise duty calculation . Based on this value the excise duty will get calculated. Further for Freight and Insurance you may want to use PR00 as the base for calculation or PR00 inclusive of ED.

Regards,

Kanwar_DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not very clear on the question.

I guess you have separate pricing procedure for domestic and exports. so in exports the excise base should be the FOB value.

or if you have CIF price, freight and insurance you can derive the FOB in a condition and use it as excise base.