cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS - Check Transport Tool - hangs

Former Member

Hi All,

We are facing with a issue where the STMS - Check Transport Tool - hangs.Any pointers to this issue would be great.Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

1. You can kill tp.exe process in OS level TASKMANAGER

2. You can delete entries in tables TRBAT and TRJOB,

3. To check Report RDDIMPDP in backgroud jobs in properly.

4. Now you can import.

Regards

k7

Former Member
0 Kudos

The real issue was with rfcdes table lock.Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had similar problem in the past and I kept my notes ... try the followings ...

check whether RDDIMPDP background job is schedule in all clients ,if it is not scheduled properly, you can schedule this using RDDNEWPP. Also, check the following points to find out the reason for this problem...

1. Check the transport logs under transport directory for the above

long running requests (/usr/sap/trans/log or /usr/sap/trans/tmp).

2. Check whether Transport routes are configured properly, using STMS transaction. Also, perform the connection test, tp tool and RFC connections.

3. Execute RSTPTEST program to check the STMS configuration. To clear the inconsistency and long running tp process , proceed as below.

1. verify whether any tp is running at OS level. kill all the tp process which is running at the OS level (Ensure there is no transport done during this time).

2. Move all the files from /usr/sap/trans/tmp to some temporary backup directory.

3. Go to STMS -> import overview -> go to ->import monitor and

delete the old entries.

Also, review following notes for further information on the background jobs and transport locks.

745468 Problems with sapevt program in Releases 6.2

449270 Job RDDIMPDP is not triggered by sapevt

26966 Background jobs do not start when transporti

690449 Transport buffer lock file (.LOB) remains blocked on

Please check above notes and let me know

Regards,

K.Ramamoorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambarish,

In which phase it is failing : -

tp Interface

Transport Profile

RFC Check

tp log

and what message do you get. also check the corresponding work process trace file and the trans.log

Also check the host name , ip adress for the domain controller should be maintained in etc/drivers/host file.

Regards

Pranay