cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependencies on the support pack upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

In our landscape we have ECC, BI, DI, CRM, EP and Solman. Charm is configured in SOlman and all the TP movements are governed through charm. Now we are facing a issue in Charm and for that SAP has advised to upgrade the support package level in solman. Currently we are in Solman 7.0 EHP1 sps 23.We have to upgrade to sps 27. But since all the systems are connected to solman i want to what are the dependencies for upgrading the support packages. Will the upgrade of SAP ABA, BASIS components will affet the ECC and Bw and Bi Cont component will afect BI. Or we have to upgrade the same package level for all the landscapes?? Is there any other specific dependencies for support pack upgrade in solman?? Please help me in this since its very urent..

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh kumar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can upgrade patches in solman. It would not effect other systems.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you sunny,

And also we have configured Early watch report, Willy introscope, CHARM. Will these will get affected?

And also i heard we have to apply central note before applying support pack in solman. Can u give me any information regarding that?

Any post steps need to be done after stack upgrade??

Thanks & regards,

Santhosh Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Please check the Central Note 1244225 for SolMan 701 Stacks.

Especially Section for SP27:

It is strongly recommended to use transaction SOLMAN_SETUP after implementation of ST 400 SP 27 to perform certain configuration activities and to implement central note 1468591 automatically. This note refers to important corrections.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Every time you perform the SolMan stack upgrade there are a few steps you need to re-do.

Run transaction SolMan_Setup and follow the steps to apply the central correction note for that support pack. Also remember to check for Diagnostics pre-requisites for the stack. SP27 I know has a note to fix an error regarding meeting Diagnostics pre-reqs (BI_CONT related)

Once you run through these, there should not be a problem.

ChaRM I doubt would really be impacted.

Answers (0)