Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump while marking Sales order Line item for Reason for rejection

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your help in the following regards.

In system Client is creating a sales order with 100+ line items and for each line item a project gets created automatically at the background as it is a make to order senario. Now what is happening is customer suddenly call's and tells to stop few line items tempororily till he gives go-ahead, so our client is marking it for reason for rejection, while doing this the network created for a project is getting deleted. Once we receive conformation for that line item agin to proceed we are removing the reason for rejection and it was suppose to create a new network, but system is taking huge time to do this and going for a shout dump saying time-out error, in few cases it is creating the network.

Need your valuable inputs how we can address this issue to avoid the short dump. We have increased the buffer time to 30min also.

Thanks

regards

kishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Short dumps for various reasons.. you can get details from ST22.

However, this is purely technical and need ABAP analysis based on the code that is being executed after you remove your reason for rejection and analyze it further.

1 Suggestion though is create a z-program to list orders/line items held with reason for rejection and when required get the reason of rejection automatically removed and all this should happen in background to avoid time_out dump.

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1 Suggestion though is create a z-program to list orders/line items held with reason for rejection and when required get the reason of rejection automatically removed and all this should happen in background to avoid time_out dump.

Hi Raghu,

Would you please explain your above suggestion? how it shall solve the issue.

I want to learn from it.

Edited by: Typewriter on Aug 17, 2011 10:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can easily list out sales order that have been assigned reason for rejection..simple extract of table VBAP-ABGRU = not blank.

This report should list out the sales order number along with some more details, as required.

Now the report should allow to choose the documents i.e. like giving checkboxes in the left most side and once the user chooses the sales documents he wants to get processed--> the program should call change Sales Order FM or BAPI. Execute this in background.

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is - When user removes the reason for rejection of an item in the sales order, the creation of a project is taking "too long" to process & many times leading to a dump.

How shall your suggestion solve the above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, since you mentioned the short dump is about TIME_OUT if you let the program to remove the reason for rejection run in background SAP has much more time allocation and this dump won't occur if you run in BACKGROUND mode.

Regards,

Raghu.

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks alot for your valuable inputs, finally resolved the issue by applying these notes 696696 and 1421145 .

Thanks

regards

kishore

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run the transaction using the single trace activity ST12 and analyze why system is taking long run time.

Analyze the same and also search for SAP notes for the program which is affected due to performance.

Also see the error analysis in ST22 for the dumb generated and check SAP notes for the program which is affected.

Regards,

Saju.S

former_member220491
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried with the solutions suggested by all of you but still the problem persists. I observed that SAP_APPL level and EA-APPL levels are different in the client, this a basis setting and this can cause any perofrmance issue. Also is there any way i can reset the indexing of the tables AFVC/AFUK/AFKO/AUFPL.

Pl advise, as i am not able to change this reason for rejection.

Thanks

regards

kishore