Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run web dynpro java application

former_member207744
Contributor
0 Kudos

I am new to Web dynpro java.

I have created sample application through NWDS. I wanna run the application in server.

please tell me from where I have to download the server and the steps to install the server.

I have installed sap management console, but frankly speaking don know how to proceed my next step.

Struggling for last two days and I believe my search will come to an end.

Thanks in advance.

P.S: If I post in the wrong column, admin please redirect me to the right place.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

To make it simple:-

1. Install any NetWeaver Portal Version from SAP Marketplace. (Take help from any BASIS Consultant for installation & Configuration of NetWeaver Portal) (Need to check Portal & NWDS version compatibility)

2. Login into Portal with Content Administration Role (or as a Super Administrator)

3. Goto Content Administration Role -> Portal Content

In portal content you can directly create a iView for your Web Dynpro Java Application or you can create your test folder and in that you can add all your PCD objects. iView works as a container to display Components developed in NWDS.

4. Once you create a iView now create a Role and assign the iView to the Role and assign Role to the user. In Role set entry point as yes to appear in TLN.

5. Generally Role -> Workset -> iView is used. or you can directly assign iView to Role.

6. Before starting with NetWeaver Portal, it is necessary to understand the Basics of Role, Workset & iView in Portal, about which you can easily find in Blogs or Articles section.

Regards

Tushar Shinde.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I tried to download the Software according to your instructions. I could follow the path Installations and Upgrades -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP NetWeaver -> SAP NETWEAVER, but then the only choices left are:

SAP NETWEAVER 04

SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

SAP NETWEAVER CE 7.1

SAP NETWEAVER MOBILE 7.1

SAP NETWEAVER PI 7.1

Please look this [Install & Configure SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 ehp1 (Preview Version)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967f8e1]

and [SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1|]

Hope help full!!!

Regards

Vijay

Edited by: VijaySAPEP on Aug 11, 2011 11:50 PM

Edited by: VijaySAPEP on Aug 11, 2011 11:54 PM

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/nw-ce-downloads

server and nwds can be downloaded from there.