cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender mail adapter : no messages and no error log

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have configured a sender mail adapter to read mails from the inbox. I have used IMAP protocol. URL is specified as imap://EMHBSEXM01/Inbox. User name and password is also specified properly. I have kept poll interval to 1 minute. Messages in the inbox are in unread status. But the mail is not getting processed. I do not see anything after 1 minute. I tried using generate fetch report flag. But even then it does not create any message in SXMB_MONI. I checked runtime workbench for Mail adapter but I do not see any message for the same. Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks,

Dev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

allamudi_loordh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I think they did not open ports for Reading mails(POP or IMAP)..so try with basis people and let them take action part for forwarding it To NSS part.can you check error in communication channel(sender),if it is saying .Connection refused or not.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I chekced your responses and tried accordingly. Our basis team has given me new link now and the error message has changed. I am getting following error message.

exception caught during processing mail message; java.io.IOException: unexpected login response; read 001F BAD Command received in Invalid state.

Does anyone have any idea what this error is?

Thanks in advance,

Devendra

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Try to replace Host Name to corresponding IP address of Mail server in the URL. Ping the server host name using command prompt to find its IP address.

Regards

Praveen

Edited by: Maareddy Praveen Reddy on Aug 11, 2011 2:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Mareeddy said above, probably the channel is not reaching the Mail Server (but usually this throw an error in RWB).

Try with IP instead of the Hostname.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think channel has some firewall issues and not contacting the mail server. Ping host name or ip address of mail server and see whether you have connectiivity issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mail adapter channel in RWB is in green status?

Firt of all, Try to restart channel in both Configuration & RWB.