Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CUP: Password Self Service Problem

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are working on GRC 5.3 SP16.

Recently one of the users experienced a peculiar problem while submitting request for resetting the password for his user id. We have defined 2 systems in the CUP in the following way:

1. ABC_100 (ABC being the system number and 100 being the client number)

2. ABC_200(ABC being the system number and 200 being the client number)

So when a user selected both of the systems to reset the password for his id in both the clients, he got the below error message:

Password reset for the system(s):
ABC_100: A notification mail with new password has been sent to mnopq_at_xyx.com
Connection failed with system: ABC_200

I have checked the JCO connections for that system and clients and working fine and also checked the connectors in the "Configuraiton" tab of CUP. This is also fine.

Has anybody faced such problem? If so, can you please help me moving in the right direction to solve this problem?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Simon was talking about authorizations for communication user you have for that JCo connector. It should have full auth. objects S_USER_AGR, S_USER_AUT, S_USER_GRP, S_USER_PRO, S_USER_SAS, S_USER_SYS. This user is making all provisioning in a backend system.

Could not be the problem in the client number?

Password reset for the system(s):

ABC_100: A notification mail with new password has been sent to mnopq_at_xyx.com

Connection failed with system: ABC_200

You are requesting password for client 100 but the error is for client 200.

Have you checked that you have correct client number in all those JCo connectors (VIRSAXSR3..., ABC_100) and in the connector configured in CUP?

Regards

Pavel

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

This might be an authorisation issue on the Connector user ID. It maybe that they have sufficient access to test the connection but not sufficient access to perform the password reset.

Have you checked their authorisations?

Also, you may wish to check your provisioning config parameters to make sure that you have them set appropriately?

I also assume that you are using the VIRSAXSR3* JCOs for these system connections?

Simon

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

I would really appreciate if you can help me understand it in more detail.

What authorizations I should check for the user submitting the request for password reset?

Yes I am using VIRSAXSR3 JCO connections.

Regards,

Faisal