Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for patch level of kernel files within SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB

former_member200355
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you help me with the following question?

I am at the moment preparing a new kernel for our ERP system.

The kernel that I need to prepare is SAP KERNEL 7.01 64-BIT UNICODE for OS/400.

As usual I start with the files SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB with the latest patch level which is at the moment 137.

Then I usually go on and download on top those files like for example "disp&work" and "tp" and so which were released (looking at the date) after SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB.

But I always find this very frustrating as I don't know on which patch level the programs within SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB are.

Can anyone tell me if there is somewhere an overview about the content of SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB and especially on which patch level the programs are?

Best regards

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

The packages SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB has the full services from SAP like gateway, icm, dispatcher, IGS, message server, enqueue, tp, sapstartsrv, etc

There are packages like dw (dispatcher), tp, sapstartsrv, saposcol, etc that are updates for these specifics services.

So, sometimes there is a patch that is only in dispatcher, hence a new dw pacakge is released. If the patch is for saposcol, hence the saposcol is released.

You could check the patch level for each service in the begin of the trace file or with "<service> -V" from OS level.

Sometimes the services into the SAPEXE has differents patch level. The main think is that every service may be in a specifics patch level and not at the same patch of the package.

Unfortunately I do not know the way to check the correct patch level for services like sapstartsrv or sapstart and sapstop. There is only the way to know the release (700,710,720,etc).

venkata_emandi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marcel,

The Best way of selecting kernel is to select latest full kernel version from SAP i.e (Kernel part1(database indep) + Kernel part2 (db dependent)).

If you still need to go with specific kernel patch then you have to select individual disp+work , R3trans etc as per you requirement on top of you latest (Kernel part1(database indep) + Kernel part2 (db dependent)).

Hope this helps

Regards

venkata

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But I always find this very frustrating as I don't know on which patch level the programs within SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB are.

Simply type disp+work or tp without any switches and you'll get the version

Regards

Juan

former_member200355
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Juan,

Thank you for your reply but I am not only looking for "disp&work" and "tp" patch level.

I would like to get an overview of all programs which are included in SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB and the patch levels they have.

I think there must be somewhere a change log. Don't you agree?

For example, if I click on the "INFO" link belonging to SAPEXE and SAPEXEDB I get an overview of "disp&work" and its patch level and the enhancements / error corrections of this "disp&work" version.

But I don't find anything like for example

STARTSAP is on patch level ...

STOPSAP is on patch level ...

SAPSTRARTSRV is on patch level ...

and so on.

That is what I am looking for.

Do you know if there is somewhere such kind of overview?

Best regards

Marcel

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will need to run programs individually wit option -V... one by one..

tp -V

disp_work -V

r3trans -V

etc...