Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2008 : Creating reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am quite new on CR.

I am trying to create a basic reports (with universe connection) comparing 2 years in columns.

I understand that it is not native. And that, what would be the best would be creating 2 specifics dimensions for year N & N-1, with their associated indicators in the Universe. Then, I could see, select and filter my Connection to Crystal.

But, the things is that I do not have (and cannot have) right to modify any Universe and export modifications to any databases.

So that,

- I tried with formulas, directly in CR, but failed. Each time, the amount retrieved is the same as year selected.

- I tried to connect Crystal to a local dabase (to my PC not to a server), but didn-t find any issue for that .... is that possible ?

Someone has an issue ?

Tks for your help,

Olivia

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Olivia,

I think the best place to get answers is in the Universe Forum so I moved your post there.

Once you get the Data source created in the Universe then designing a report is much easier to do... You may need to contact the creators of the Universe to explain first what it is they want to accomplish with the ones they have created.

Also, we need to know what version of CR and BOE you are using?

If you ahve a support Contract you may want to create a case in SMP and work with a Report Designer Rep directly so they can assist you in creating your report and or suggest to your Universe Design team what it is you need and they can create a universe for your needs.

Don