Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Connection error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a file scenario where I fetch data by FTP but Im getting error as below:

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "XXXXX:21". The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 530 [files]: 3004-610 You are required to change your password. Please choose a new one. Login incorrect.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Can somebody suggest as me as how to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Newa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Password for FTP User that you are using is expired.

Log in to FTP Server separately with UserName and try to change Password, otherwise, comunicate to FTP server provider to change password for User with a new one and retry.

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your password for the system you trying to login. It should be a system/OS level username and password.

If it is expired, reset it.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aashish,

From run mode, i accessed the path with same user name and Password as maintained in the communication channel,so why Im getting this error, please correct me if im wrong.

Thanks

Newa

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

To check, do one thing,

Login into SAP PI system OS. OS can be unix/linux and windows. Identify what you have. Lets say if you have unix/linux login into that system with the help of basis if you donot have admin password. Try to ftp to the same system and use same credential you provided in communication channel. If it is login in from there then you have no problem. if its not happening from there that means any of the below can be the reason.

1. Password wrong for the system

2. check if Port is open or no or else you can check using ping command from PI server.

3. Check for authorization of the user for that system.

regards

Aashish Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to Aashish Sinha,

Another reason can be that the error indicates that there is an administrative change (ADMCHG) flag set for the user in the /etc/security/password file. The system administrator can either choose to inform his user that they need to log in via a terminal session and change their password or remove the ADMCHG flag for the user.

When a password is set for a user as root, it sets the users flags attribute value ADMCHG (flags = ADMCHG) in /etc/security/passwd. When the ADMCHG flag is set, the user will be required to reset their own password the next time they log in. If the next login is through FTP, they will get an error since a user is unable to reset the password through the FTP session.

Two optional solutions include one of the following:

use of the pwdadm command by the system administrator or

require the user to log in via telnet or system console first and reset their password prior to using FTP.

ps. To remove any FLAGS set in /etc/security/password, tell to FTP server provider to enter the following:

#pwdadm -c <user_name>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the error you mentioned is related to password. Either the 1.password might be changed. 2. is there any recent changes in the communication channel . If yes please do some dummy changes activate the channel. 3. Please check with the FTP server administrator.

REgards,

Rama Balusu

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a FTP server login iissue.

Your FTP server login password may be expired.

please contact to FTP server team for a new password.