cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing currency from 2 to 3 decimal points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I would like to know how to make the currency view in the expense report increased from 2 to 3 decimal points as km/miles rate we have here is $0.335 per mile. Also the USD is used for 5 other countries. As of now it is showing as 0.34, however this is a manipulation of actual data, Ex. for 10 kms it shows rate 0.34 x miles 10 = $3.35.

Any quick response would be of great help.

Regards,

LN Bhattacharya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Yes this is a known issue as the problem is, that the USD is a currency with 2 decimals, but government allowes to reimburse 0.375 USD taxfree. The output on the travel form is in a single currency: the USD with 2 decimals. One workaround is to create a currency USDN for the decimilisation to work with 3 places - see the note 446116

A single expense category like miles per diems is calculated in accounting program RPRTEC00 and stored in one table (PAUFA for miles).

If currency in T706F (USDN) differs from trip currency (USD), RPRTECC00 converts the amounts from T706F into trip currency (done by FI-function 'CONVERT_TO_LOCAL_CURRENCY'). Amounts in the list are presented in this trip currency but rounding is possible with adjustment in V_T001R as PREC can handle this conversion with factors defined here.

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Sally

0 Kudos

Just to add:

You also need to add USDN to the exchange rate table for USDN to USD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am able to see the changes in the current record. Is there a way to change the previous trip records which are in transferred to FI stage.

Regards,

LN Bhattacharya

0 Kudos

Hi there

The report RPR_UPDATE_TRAVEL_STATISTICS is always advisable to run after any changes to your customizing - however I am fairly sure that this will not correct "old" trips already posted to FI I'm afraid.

Cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input. Actually there are option of using USD3 and USDN also to change the decimal points.

0 Kudos

No problem, as we had a couple of requests about this recently, please see the KBA 1637853 about this topic if helps!