Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring Inspection - Retest

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear QM gurus,

We have the following scenario and i need help for the same.

a material MAT1 in plant PL01 have the batch number BATCH01. having next inspection date is 20.08.2011.

(inspection type 09 active, 180 days inspection interval)

I want to create an inspection lot on 01.08.2011 (first day of the month) with 09-inspection type. During this lot creation the stock should not move in QI. It should move only on 20.08.2011.

This is possible by QA07. But, I want to schedule the job in background to make it happen automatically.

Finally, I want to create the inspection lots with 09 at the very first day of the month for those batches which are having next inspection dates within the month and the stock should move to quality inspection only on the next inspection date.

Please help. thanks in advance

Regards,

Dipesh Bhavsar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sujit & Firefighter,

First of all thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Now, I decided the following things from your suggestions.

I am going to manually run the QA07 at the first date of the month to avoid the months (28 - 30 - 31 days). this will create the inspection lots for those batches which reached the next inspection date within the predfined period.

I will schedule the daily run to put the stock in QI.

But, My question is "Where to maintain the intervals in QA07 for the monthly run?" as there is no provision to maintain.

Regards,

Dipesh Bhavsar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Todya's date ( day when you execute QA07) + "Initial run in days" ==>lot will be generated for the period falling in this span.

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the solution and prompt answer.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you can do this with two batch jobs.

Batch job one runs on the first day of the month and creates inspection lots for all lots that reach their next inspection date in the next 31 days but you set the indicateor to not post to QI.

This job and variant is scheduled to run on the 1st day of each month.

You set up a second batch job to run every day. You must also make sure that on the first of the month it runs AFTER the previous batch job described above. In the variant for this second batch job you specify it to create inspection lots and post to QI for any batches that reach inspection interval in the next day.

What shoudl happen is that on the first, all those batches that reach their inspection interval in the month will get 09 inspection lots created but not moved to QI. The daily job should not find any new batches to create lots for since this was already done on the first of the month. But it should move the stock to QI for those lots created on the first of the month that have now actually reached their next inspection date.

You could still have problems as Sujit pointed out with months with fewer or lessor days than 31. I would probably use the 31 day window understanding that for Feb 1, I'm going to pick up batches from March 1-3. In other runs I'll pick up some from the 1st day of the next month.

If you really wanted to avoided that, you could set up 12 yearly batch jobs with the correct number of days so that this is avoided. But I think that is overkill and a monthly job with a 31 day window would probably be acceptable for most clients.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there is no provision of entering the "Inspection interval " in month & alternatly we have 30-31 days which will not lead to inspection lot creation exactly on first day of month.

But you can use user exit QEVA0003 --->Calculate "Next inspection date" for batch where in you can give logic depending upon number of days in a month or six month so that lot can be created exactly on first day of month.

Also select option "To inspection stock at lot creation" in QA07....!!