cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving SC to a new Track - Import failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently trying to move custom developed SC from one server to another. Those servers are using different SLD and NWDI.

So I've exported SC definition in SLD and imported it in a target server's SLD. Then I've created a track in target server NWDI.

I've exported my SC from Developer Studio with "include souce" checkbox marked, so I've got an .SCA file with BUILDARCHIVES, DEPLOYARCHIVES, META-INF, SOURCEARCHIVES folders in it.

Now I'm trying to import this .sca in target track, but import fails. In log file I see: "Fatal :import failed, because the sources are not contained in the archive"

This is sort of confusing, because sources are definetly are contained in the archive.

What can be this problem about?

PS. NWCE 7.2

Edited by: Ilya Karnaukhov on Aug 11, 2011 8:43 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to export the sca from your original NWDI, which contains DTR source code

the one you exported from nwds only contains source code which is readable for nwds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works that way. Thanks!

The reason I didn't use export from NWDI in the first place is that I tryed "Export SCA" button in track but that file didn't include sources.

But finally I figured out that on "Assemble" step in track it possible to get .sca with sources if you mark corresponding checkboxes.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sandeep_kumar60
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

i have the same requiremnt , can you plesae tell me the process of moving the dc or scs?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the sake of completeness here also a note about this:

#1535363 -- SCAs exported from NWDS/CMS transport studio cannot be imported into DTR

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1535363)

Best Regards,

Ervin ()

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI,

yes, that is true, only and only the Assemble feature can be used to generate SCA which will be then basis of further software developments.

As of 7.11 NWDS customers can start development using SAP Component Model (SCs and DCs) but without using NWDI (CMS, CBS, DTR). In this scenario, SCAs are created by the developer studio's export functionality. These SCAs can not be imported as source into NWDI, only into an other NWDS for further development.

The statement that such SCs cannot be imported into any track for development is also true for the export functionality of the Transport Studio, which is available on the tabs dev, cons, test and prod.

Best Regards,

Ervin