cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain Proportional Factors in SNP (not in DP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I want to maintain proportional Factors in SNP but could not know how to do. I read saphelp and know that we have to set up as following Steps:

-In Planning Area:

1.Set the Keyfigure calculation type For Key Figure KF1 to P or I

2.Set disaggregation key figure for KF1 to u201CAPODPDANTu201D

-When creating Planning Book/Dataview:

3.Check u201CManual Proportion Maintenaceu201D

4.Create a new Dataview that contain only KF APODPDANT

But I find that we can do step 3 only when we create Planning book with Planning Area that based on Planning Object Structure of Demand Planning Only (like 9ADPBAS).

With the Planning Area that based on Planning Object structure of SNP (like 9ASNPBAS), when creating planning book I could not check u201CManual Proportion Maintenanceu201D although I did the set up steps 1 and 2.

The question are:

1. Can we maintain Proportional Factors in SNP? If yes, How to do?

2. Can we create a new KF and consider it as Proportional Factor (as KF APODPDANT)? Is there any propblem?

Thanks very much for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As of my knowledge, we need not maintain proportional factors manuaaly for SNP.

Could you please explain on what business scenario, you want to maintain proportional factors manually in SNP?

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. M Manimaran

This is my reason:

We have:

- one DC

- and some locations those receive money from that DC.

The storage capacity of each Location is different from others and has different limit. Each location also need a number of money that is differrent from other.

There is one thing to take notice here: Money is a special good. Letu2019s say location L1 needs 1 million usd, DC can give them in some ways. For example:

- First choice: 100usd: 90 %; 10usd: 10% ( so percentage of each denomination here is proportional factor)

- Second choice: 100usd: 10%; 10usd: 90%

So quantity of notes of money of first choice is less than the second one although the total value of two choices are the same. So the Location L1 can store money with first choice. With the second choice, it could not store.

Here, we want to calculate and store Proportional Factor in SNP so that we can run SNP Optimizer or Heuristic inorder to enable the DC to supply money to satisfy the requirement of Location regarding locationu2019s storage capacity.

Please so me the way!

Thanks very much!

Edited by: xuanduyen on Aug 12, 2011 9:41 AM

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think proportional factors will work in this scenario.

Proportional factors, as far as I know, are used for data disaggregation.

Even if you have maintained proportional factors in SNP planning book, I still don't see how the SNP optimizer could consider them ...

It sounds to me like quota arragement, but still somehow different.

Maybe you'll need to figure out another way to model this ...

I'll think this over and will get back to you if I could have an idea.

Hope someone else here can have a good suggestion.

Best Regards,

Ada

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please look into this scenario.

I assume, optimizer or heuristic determines the total amount (money) to be sent to any location.

And also I assume for a particular location, the denominations are fixed.

In this case, you can maintain a PPM (BOM) structure, in such a way that - for example,

in Location 1, header is money- base quantity 1000

BOM components -

100$ bills - quantity - 9

10$ Bills - quantity - 10

So, when the BOM is exploded, it will calculate the number of 100$ bills and 10$ bills.

In the above case 90% of 1000 is 900. which is nothing but 9 nos of 100$

and 10% of 1000 is 100 , which is equal to 10 nos of 10$.

Please have a look.

Anyways I think, this scenario is not possible with proportional factors.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

I created one my own time series Key Figure as Proportional Factor and made it as the disaggregation

key figure for key figure "Upper Limit".

Actually, I want to maintain my own time series key figure as proportional Key Figure in a separate dataview in SNP by percentage (%) as in DP but the problem here is that I could not do that be cause there is no button "E/E Asolute <==> Percentage" on the toolbar of SNP Interactive Planning table to input.

Is there any solution for this?

Please also give other suggestions for my scenario.

Thanks very much for your support!

Duyennx

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SNP and DP are different tools in APO. You cannot alwaysa expect the same functionality for the both, though they both work with planning books.

But as to my understanding, proportional factors are no need to be in percentage. It could be any values. If the total of the values is not 100, system will calculate the percentage.

For example, your have 3 planning objects, proportional factors are maintained as the following two ways:

Total 100 | Total 50

PLOBJ-1 20 | PLOBJ-1 10

PLOBJ-2 30 | PLOBJ-2 15

PLOBJ-3 50 | PLOBJ-3 25

You'll get the same result, when a key figure get disaggregated based on these proportional factors.

So maybe the above functionality "Asolute <==> Percentage" is not really necessary for your maintenance of the proportional factors.

Best Regards,

Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manimaran and Ada Lv,

Your answers are very helpful to me.

I have tested and got results as you said.

Thanks very much for your help!!!

Duyennx

Answers (0)