Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a doubt with respect to the RFC destination maintainance.

The scenario is an RFC to RFC. In the sender channel we usually maintain a Program ID. This one will be created in the SM59.

Similarly, in the Source ABAP system, in the Program code, a RFC destination is written.

My question is should the Program Id and the RFC detination in the ABAP code be the same?

Please reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Program ID will be unique ID and will not be matching with any other

program ID is a register Program ID that should be registered on ur R/3 and PI

Now to register the Program ID on R/3 and XI automatically you have to enter the same Program ID in your RFC destination and your RFC adapter in Integration Directory.

Thanks,

Bhupesh

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you bhupesh.

So now, i need to maintain the same Program ID in ID and in SM59 right?

In SM59, a RFC connection should be created with the Program ID name right?

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

Exactly lavanya

Similarly, in the Source ABAP system, in the Program code, a RFC destination is written?

When using the RFC call in your ABAP program you should specify the RFC destination created in tjhe SM59

Regards

Praveen

Edited by: Maareddy Praveen Reddy on Aug 11, 2011 8:25 AM

former_member188885
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot praveen.

Still need one clarrification. The Program ID should be registered in the R3 SM59 right?

And should the RFC dest name in the ABAP code and XI ID part be the same name?

I am really not clear in this part only

Edited by: Lavanya Ravi on Aug 11, 2011 8:48 AM

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

program id should be same in SM59 and PI RFC sender adapter.

After PI components activated, sender RFC adapter will registers itself with program id specified, on SAP gateway.

You can test it by 'Test Connection' in SM59 for your RFC destination..

If it is registered the test connection will work otherwise it will give an error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Still need one clarrification. The Program ID should be registered in the R3 SM59 right?

yes

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2008/01/08/troubleshooting--rfc-and-soap-scenarios-updated-on-20042009

>>And should the RFC dest name in the ABAP code and XI ID part be the same name?

yes

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

while creating RFC destiantion for Programme ID u should select radio button Registered Server Programme .

IN ID while configuring U should give Programme ID which u have given while Creating RFC Destination.ABAP code will use the Programme ID Which has given in the RFC Destination

Regards

Praveen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member192238
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

The Programme IID what ever u mentioned in the RFC Destination in SM59 u should give the same programme ID while configuring the sender RFC adopter configuration .

Regards

Praveen