Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to JDBC ....file sequencing

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a file to JDBC insert async scenario.

My requirement is the source files should be processed according to Date and in sequence ..

Option 1 :

I think it can be done through a) processing seq as DATE b) EOIO queue in the sender adapter..

Option 2 :

But because there will be only 1 source file generated every 12 hours....would it be a better option like whenever 1 file goes in error ...just stop the sender channel....sort out the problem and then once the 1st file is sent OK ...then only start the file channel again...

Also if I go for option 1 i think the sequencing is only till IE....what if the 1st file fails at the receiver adapter...can it guarantee sequencing in that case as well..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is the source files should be processed according to Date and in sequence ..

Option 1 :

I think it can be done through a) processing seq as DATE b) EOIO queue in the sender adapter..

Processing sequence by DATE is only available for NFS not for FTP. Although EOIO will guarantee ordering but not necessarily by date.

Also if I go for option 1 i think the sequencing is only till IE....what if the 1st file fails at the receiver adapter...can it guarantee sequencing in that case as well..

If the first file fails, the succeeding files will be on hold.

Since only one file is generated every 12 hours, you can use EOIO and then the XI/PI alerting framework (if the file processing fails).

Hope this helps,

Mark

Edited by: Mark Dihiansan on Aug 11, 2011 7:39 AM

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

1. but wouldn't processing sequence by date + EOIO be a better option...

say if PI system is down and there are several files gathering in the source folder then when the PI system comes up..

it should not pick up files in any random order....it should pick up files by DATE and then EOIO makes sure that if the older file fails the newer doesnot go through.....

2. Are we sure that EOIO gurantees sequence even if the message fails at the receiver adapter

3. Also i have many interfaces ...abt 100 of them ....do i need to provide separate queue names in the sender channel for each one of them....do i need to create 100 queues separately

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check Maintain order at runtime in Interface determination for EOIO

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

maintain order at runtime wil not work...as it is used to sequence 2 different inbound service interfaces...

here my inbound service interface is only 1

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. but wouldn't processing sequence by date + EOIO be a better option...

say if PI system is down and there are several files gathering in the source folder then when the PI system comes up..

it should not pick up files in any random order....it should pick up files by DATE and then EOIO makes sure that if the older file fails the newer doesnot go through.....

Only possible if you use NFS instead of FTP option in file adapter. You could try mounting ( a technique used for UNIX file systems).

2. Are we sure that EOIO gurantees sequence even if the message fails at the receiver adapter

As far as I know, EOIO will guarantee that sequence. The maintain order at runtime option was made for adapters that do not natively support EOIO (please correct).

3. Also i have many interfaces ...abt 100 of them ....do i need to provide separate queue names in the sender channel for each one of them....do i need to create 100 queues separately

If you could give more details regarding the interfaces, then maybe we can comment on how you can handle them e.g do they have common filenames, etc.

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

hi

all filenames would be different....each having different data....

I am concerned abt whether EOIO will also provide sequencing if the INSERT query for the 1st message fails at the receiver adapter....

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

all filenames would be different....each having different data....

I am concerned abt whether EOIO will also provide sequencing if the INSERT query for the 1st message fails at the receiver adapter....

It will provide sequencing, as long as the second message goes to the queue of the 1st message (depending on how you mask the filenames for file sender).

Now as for the 100 different interfaces using file adapter, let's wait for the comments of others.

Hope this helps,

Mark