cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to roll back a record from workflow validaiton step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is it possible to roll back a record which is in workflow and its in validaiton error step?

Regards,

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

When a record fails any validation in Validation Step in WF it goes to previous step.But to automatically ROLLBACK you need to have STOP step.It is how you design you WF.

Here BRANCH can be handy in the WF diagram,you can update a flag after 2-3 failed attempts of a record,BRANCH before VALIDATE step checking for that flag,YES goto STOP(ROLLBACK) NO goto VALIDATE step.I am assuming you have a PROCESS step where the failed records are kicked back.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have a workflow with few validaitons,assignments and after all these in any of these steps if user wants to roll back ..He should be able to.. Is it possible?? I dont want automatically roll back the records with in the workflow..

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

a user who has rights can right click on the record and delete the WF,DM will ask whether to Roll Back or Not.

One can do as one wishes then.A process step can help you achieve this with proper rights to that user.

One other way can also be selecting a flag and using BRANCH,in validation you check this flag and is YES goto STOP.

(Note - you can have many STOP in one WF)

Here at STOP you can Roll Back.

Only thing is one has to choose where one has to put these BRANCHEs.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

user who has rights can right click on the record and delete the WF,DM will ask whether to Roll Back or Not. : I am unable to get this option when I delete a workflow.. It just getting deleted..... which verison is it possible???

how can I have a flag.. suppose a record got failed in validaiton and user tried few times and he want to roll back... how can I have a flag to get roll back option?

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajeev,

I was talking ablout Checkout records,I assumed you have records in Checkout state which are in WF.

When you Right click on such a record,you will get an option whether to Roll Back or not.

A PROCESS step assignend to any user can be assigned and that user can set a FLAG as APPROVED/REJECT.

On Reject BRANCH to STOP with ROLLBACK and on APPROVE got ahead with other approvals or syndication.

Please provide me the entire flow.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Yes the record is in check out mode and when I right click and select roll back then it is giving me error syaing that record is in workflow..

Aboutprocess step with in the workflow I have place this process step and flag at each step as dont know when user wnat to roll back.. is it so?

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Please make sure you have the user in the WF and also under Roles Table you will see this:

Records

 Add records

 Modify records

 Modify checked out records

 Delete records

 Merge records

 Merge checked out records

 Protect records

 Unprotect records

 Check out records

 Check out new records

 Check in owned records

 Roll back owned records

 Check in non-owned records

 Roll back non-owned records

 Modify join permissions for non-owned records

select ROll back owned/non owned records also give your id Deletion permission for records.

Also put validation after each step with one branch-->True Rollback and false go ahead.

Let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Ravi

Let me know your observations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Was your issue resolved?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Waiting for updates.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198313
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me understand the requirement; Do you want to manually roll back the record because validation failed ?

if yes, then it would be better to have automatic roll back in workflow once the validation result is False. If true, the record can continue.

However if its not designed this way, then record shud not be checked out in worflow. then you can roll back.

Else, workflow wont allow.

+ AG