cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Activate Table logging.

Former Member

Good Morning to Everyone,

Actually, i looking for some help on the transaction AUT01, when i tried Activating Table logging in AUT01, i get a system message saying that the " SYSTEM SETTING DOES NOT ALLOW CHANGES TO BE MADE TO THE OBJECT TABLE MARA".

with regarding to this message i also tried looking into the system info and it says that the "Logging in system Sand Box is active for the following client 005".

so i kindly request you all to help me to understand why the table logging is not taking place and also what i should do to fix this problem.

i thank you all for your precious time and support and waiting for your prompt response.

Shree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LeonardoAraujo
Active Contributor

I think I understand what you are trying to do but let me tell you: putting activating log for MARA is not the way to go...

Generally, activating log is done in 3 ways:

1 - Client setting; (system parameters) Ask Basis To check table loggings and status run program RSVTPROT

2 - The table is set to customizing (attribute type C);

3 - At the data element level, mark CHANGE DOCUMENT at Further characteristics.

With that, changes are logged.

So you can see, this works mainly for customizing tables.

If you need to have transaction tables logged, you need to program SAP programming technique for loggings.

Go to SE38 and click ENVIRONMENT > REUSE LIBRARY. Select Change documents in the tree...

In Z programs you need to put the logic yourself. On table maintenance views you need to program it yourself.

For Tables like MARA (SAP Standard transactional tables), SAP has its own machanism to log changes. See Material changes...

Hope it helps,

Leonardo De Araujo