cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value flows to COPA through Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

we have defined Operating concern as Costing based.

We have assigned value fields to SD conditon types which are related to different revenues.

By mistake one of the revenue GL is not defined as revenue element, so values are not flowed to COPA.

Now , how to rectify values in COPA.

whether we need to post manually the value to copa to that specific value field by arriving amount by other method?

or can we repost Billing document to rectify the values in COPA? what is the best method to follow?

we have another problem of cost of goods sold. we are treating VPRS condition type in Billing as Cost of goods sold.

But my doubt is even though there will not be any cost element with respective to VPRS condition type, the value will flow to COPA or not?

we have not defined cost of goods sold as cost element and don't want to flow the value from this GL account which is coming from PGI to COPA.

How can we get VPRS cost to COPA ?

regs,

ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanq

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use T code KE4SFI and the values will be pushed from FI to COPA.. test this in a test environment 1st

Alternatively, you can use KE21N if the no of Billing docs are not more....

Last option - repost from KE4S

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

ajay,

thanks for your reply.

can you clarify, is it mandatory to define GL accounts as cost element, even though we have assigned Conditon type to Value fileld.

Because we have assigned all conditon types to value fields. but only some revenues are not transferred to copa, where we have not defined those as cost elements by mistake.

I will try those transaction, if reuqired, I will put for clarifications.

regs,

ramesh

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, its very much mandatory

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

ajay,

we have around 3000 billing documents to be corrected.

I think we cannot use KE21N, even if we use KE21N, there will not be any billing document reference for corrections posted. Is it possible to billing document number as reference number?

secondly I have checked KE4S in that i have ticked for option of "redetermine profitability segment" and update control "check for existing records", but when I execute, I am unable to see whether all corrections have been flown by clicking "value flow"icon. normally when we click on value flow icon, system will show all the values flown to value fields.

can you give suggestions on this?

regs,

ramesh

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check KE24 if the values are posted or not.. You can do a random check on few billing docs

What about KE4SFI?? Did you try that?

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

ajay,

KE4SFI, is only to transfer FI documents ( directly posted in FI) to COPA, so, this is not required for us.

Of course I tried by entering billing accounting document numbers, but not posting.

secondly, our scenario is now we have to adjust copa values for already posted Billing documents. For example we have two types of revenues _ direct revenue and pallet revenue. direct revenue already flowed to COPA, where as pallet revenue is not flowed because, we have forgotten to create that GL account as cost/revenue element.

Now If I use KE21N, I am not able to give reference Billing document number, there by I can get report for each billng document wise.

Secondly if i use KE4S, if i ticked Update control with "check for existing records", system is not posting any thing ( In this I want to transfer only pallet price to COPA not any other values).

If I ticked update control with "Posting with out check", system is generating COPA document i.e it is posting all the values again. SO, for the same billing document we will have to copa document which will duplicate the values which are already posted, which is not correct.

I think now I have explained my situaiton.

can you suggest to pass only pallet price to copa with reference to billing document?

regs,

ramesh

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Better would be to delete the Original COPA doc from KE4S00 1st of all and then use KE4S so that it posts to COPA afresh

You cant just one value field to COPA... Either use KE21N or the KE4S00/KE4S option

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

I understood that.

can I give reference billing document number in KE21N, then it is ok for us.

regs,

ramesh

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you cant.. And also I dont see much use of it, because Line Item reports are accessed very rarely

KE30 reports usually are at Summarized level i.e. Say, All the invoices for a Customer/Product/.. Very rarely you would see individual invoice in COPA

br, Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, thanq.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please reverse the Billing Document, make the correction in your settings for Value Field and then, repost the Billing Document. I think this is the best approach as it will reverse the old entry and then does the correction.

Regarding the other part of your question, please note the VPRS values flow to COPA due to Statistical Condition Type. The Condition Type are mapped to Value Field in KE4I.

Regards,

Kiron Kumar T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

Value flows to co-pa depends on whether you are following the account based co-pa or costing based co-pa.

In case of account based co-pa, value flows to CO-PA happens based on the cost elements. ex:when you do PGI, when you do Billing, the respective transaction also creates a CO-PA document based on the cost elements already available and being shared by CO-PA module.

In case if you are following costing based co-pa, you need to define the sd condition types to CO-PA value fields.

Kind Regards

Umapathi G