cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to move from unrestricted to QI across 2 storage types in QM01?

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have stock in a WM warehouse in two different storage types. I use QM01 to put them on hold. this results in a mess in WM because in QM01, you have to enter a storage type and bin. Is there any way around this?

thanks for any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok. I'm a bit confused. If you are using WM and you don't specify the storage type and bin how would the WM side know which portion of the material is blocked. I have 100 units in Bin A1 and 200 units in Bin A2. In QM I want to put on hold 50 units. Lets say those units are in Bin A1. I should move 50 units out of Bin A1 and put them in say Bin B1. But lets say I don't, which is what I think you are asking to do.

What if they got a request for that material after my QM hold? Would they pull it from bin A1 or A2? If they pull it from A1, what prevents them from pulling some of the bad units instead of all the the 50 good ones?

FF

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi FF

The problem is indeed the reverse! To take your example, I have 300 units of Batch99. I have 100 units in Storage type X Bin A1 d 200 units in Storage Type Y Bin A2. I want to block all 300 units.

If I do themove from unrestricted to QI through QM01, I have to select a storage type and bin. If I put in Stype X and Bin A1, the results is:

Stype X Bin A1:

+300 QI stock

-100 unrestricted

Stype Y Bin A2

-200 unrestricted.

This is totally unsatisfactory for the warehouse operators obviously.

What is even odder, is that I cannot find any WM posting change in LU04 showing the switch from unrestricted to QI.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree it does look ugly.

But it is showing a deficit in both storage types since the material went to QI. But the stock is still physically there. Hence the unavailable or negative values. What I don't like or understadn would be if you had the quanity spread out over three bins. You have say 300 units, 100 in each of three bins. You use QM01 to move to QI 150 and specify one bin. 100 comes from the bin you specifiy. Which other bin is deficited the other 50? What if phsyically you had 25 in one and 25 in the other?

I think in that case you'll have to irst manage the WM side and phsically isolate the bad material to single bin. Then do the QM01.

I not sure about the posting change but it might be because you aren't making a physical change to the stock. It is still in the same bins. It has just had a status change.

FF

orla_mclean2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

This query is really about Storage Types - not storage bins. There wouldn't be a problem if the stock was in different bins in the same storage type.

The issue is that I want the full batch to go onto QI across multiple storage types but instead QM01 forces the user to select a storage type resulting in the negative stock mess discussed above.