Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USMM - License classification via reference user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to group users for licensing by using a reference user rather than User Group for authorizations.

I am following the instructions in the Help section, however, I do not have the option for "Extended List" and the Reference User is not appearing in the "Ref. User" field I added when I choose "User Classification".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/48/b2b8d0ca643d88e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

We do not have CUA implemented. Is that what is causing this error?

I would like to figure out a way to group users by their work area, because unfortunately this USMM report will not group users by "User Group", only "User Group for Authorizations" which does not meet our requirements.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The documentation states that you cannot classify users by reference users?!

Reference users are actually comparable to composite roles and composite profiles in one entity, which you can assign to the user which can logon. They the user has both their own authorizations and those of the reference user.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

The documentation states that you cannot classify users by reference users?!

Reference users are actually comparable to composite roles and composite profiles in one entity, which you can assign to the user which can logon. They the user has both their own authorizations and those of the reference user.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius,

Realized that the users who needed categorization had their own roles assigned. Once they were removed and inheriting role assignments from the reference user, they showed up in the USMM classification report.

0 Kudos

Actually my answer was not well phrased - I thought it would not work at all...

Oh well, better that than no licensing at all

Cheers,

Julius