cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xacute query and BLS result not matching?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a very weird problem in MII 12.1.4 invloving a transaction and it's Xacute query.

The transaction reads a xml file containing values, performs calculations on them and writes the output to another file:

input= A B and C, and writes output of ABC

If I modify the data (delete the row for A in the xml file) and

1)run it via the Xacute query

I get the result just as if A was there anyway (ABC instead of B+C).!

2) the transaction and I get the expected B+C again in the outputfile

3)I go back to the query and it writes ABC again

for the rest the transaction has no other input or output

The queries are not flagged for caching by the way.

My question is more technical: does the Xacute query cache the BLS transaction in some way instead of refreshing it every time it is called?

Does it keep a buffer of the data it loads/receives? because this is what I am observing here.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I imported the project to a higher version (12.1.7) and the problem doesn't happen there.

case closed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Yes, we plan to do an upgrade, it just struck me as a very weird problem since it is such a basic block of how xacute queries should work.

I'll see if I can call it in another transaction or by calling the transaction directly trough the runner

update: tried using xmlHttpRequest with the same problem, problem is that the runner returns the wrong value.

I even created a transaction with only the original action in it, and here too it doesn't work.

And of course if I test the original function it all works

Edited by: Willem van Lammeren on Aug 11, 2011 10:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running in MII 12.1.8, there is no issue as you have.

I notice there is a configuration in Xacute where you could cache your data. In General use Query caching. Verify that.

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Willem,

I think you need to look at upgrading your MII instance. I vaguely remember a problem along those lines which was fixed in either SP5 or SP6. I don't remember for sure, so check the upgrade notes. In general, I would recommend upgrading since we are now at SP9.

I would also take a look at your transaction Input property and any local properties to make sure there are no default values.

Also try calling the BLS transaction from another transaction rather than an Xacute query to see if you have the same behavior.

Regards,

Mike