cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mass assigning of inspection plans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everybody

Im new to SAP and Im handling quality module. I have around 1 lac material to whom inspection plan has to be assigned. Can anybody help me (except BDC) out how can i assign them in mass so that it takes lesser time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not satisfied with the solution yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it one single inspection plan that you want to attach to different materials or diff material/plan combo?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no easy mass load for inspection plan assignments.

You can use the engineering change management workbench which does allow fast manual entry, (I usually set up an excel spreadsheet and then copy and paste into CWBQM or QP02 depending on the client and how inspection plans are to be assigned.

In CWBQM I can do about 24 assignments every 10 seconds for about 144 a minute or about 8500/hour. With pauses or breaks about 6000 an hour is reasonable to expect.

In QP02 I can do about 14 per 20 seconds. That's about 42 a minute or roughly 2500 an hour. But you have to do them plan by plan so that can slow it down, especially if you only have a few materials per plan. Realistically about 1800 - 2000 an hour with pauses and breaks.

So with QP02, about 15,000 a day is realistic. With CWBQM about 50,000 a day could be done. Buit if you have 100,000 entries to make and you have to do 2-3 mock loads in different test systems plus the final go-live load, you are probably much better off having a program to do this. If it is primarily a one or two time thing, you could hire a temp, do it yourself or train a handful of team membes to do it. Using CWBQM and asking 7 other team members to do about 2hrs of loading would get your 100,000 done in 2-3 hours.

FF

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried LSMW by Standard batch/direct input methodology? Thereu2019s a standard program RCPTRA01 which can help you out for this.

But I still believe developing BDC with ABAP help by recording technique would be the simplest way to execute this exercise as it requires only group, group counter and material columns to be fed.

Have a thought on it!

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Aug 12, 2011 1:05 PM

An addition here,

RCPTRA01 program is useful for plan creation. It may not work for QP02.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using LSMW record transaction QP02 and on the material assignment screen page down to the bottom of the list (even if the list is blank), (do not use the mouse to page down ) populate the material to be assigned. This LSMW Load will now assign as many materials to the inspection plan as required.

Thanks,

Anitha A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank tou for kind your kind suggestion. I have tried doing same but this but it is also taking time .Please suggest some other suggestion.