Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a return delivery

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

During inspection i found material was rejected so by UD i block this QTY to Block Stock

Now i need to send this material to vendor by using QM notification with ref to original PO

Pls tell me the Standard procedure for that

Thanks in advance

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now i need to send this material to vendor by using QM notification with ref to original PO

Simply do not post the material to block stock in stock posting screen in QA11.

without stock posting go to Quality Notification post the material to block stock then do return delivery from action box only.

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear sujit ji

If we do the posting to blcok stock in actiob box of notification

the qty is moving from Unrestcted stock not the inspection stock

i am try to achive what the matrial i receive i need to send same to vendor

I am missing some link some area pls help me

Faisal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Faisal, you are not missing anything!

Its working absolutely fine. Let me try to explain this as per my understanding,

1. Even though; posting quantity to block stock (350 movement) and creation of F2 notification are executed in same transaction i.e. QA32, these 2 are separate events and independent of each other.

2. You have mentioned it accurately that when someone tries to move the material to block stock through notification it gets lifted from unrestricted stock and not from quality inspection. (344 movement)

3. Return delivery for such block stock (Which you have moved using 350 movement) is not possible through quality notification, as this posting to block stock has happened against inspection lot and not with reference to notification.

4. Hence you need to carry out additionally 344 in notification. The question arises why to carry out this double posting?

Therefore in my opinion for your this specific case, you can still send this material back to vendor with reference to same PO, but not through quality notification. Instead through MIGO return delivery and opting lifting material block stock.

To avoid this complexity, I would prefer using u201CReturn Deliveryu201D as posting option in QA11, if I observe non conformity during incoming inspection. Sending back the material to vendor through quality notifications is generally preferred in case of line rejection. (The material okayed at IQA stage found defective on line)

Regards,

Anand Rao

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

thank you very much

My client want a solution as per SAP best practice

The file down load from SAP on QM with Vendor evaluation is telling the process as described below

IF ud was rejected put qty in block stock in QA11

activate notification(F2) and click return delivery from action box

Now i try to click return delivery form action box it seem enables(hand sign is not coming)

when we put qty to block from the action box then it is enables, we can create return delivery

why system behave like this..... i was confused

Any idea on this pls help me

Faisal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

I just went through this link http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_05/helpdata/EN/dc/edbd3f793511d295d000a0c930e04c/frameset.htm

It has been mentioned there that in order to send back the material to vendor u201CThe goods to be returned must initially be located in unrestricted-use stocku201C. In our case it is not so.

Hence I would suggest to return this material back to vendor using transaction MIGO with reference to original purchasing document. It doesnu2019t matter I think, which transaction code you are using for this returning. Ultimately the effect should be same. Any how you are generating notification, that gives you defect details.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Refer "Processing Return Deliveries to Vendors" under this link

Edited by: Anand Rao on Aug 11, 2011 11:07 AM

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Anand

i try to follow up the best practice form sap

check the below link

http://help.sap.com/bp_dm604/BBLibrary/HTML/127_EN_KR.htm

Click the business process documentation

in this documnet section 4.4.3 create return delivery

it is clearly telling that on UD put the material in block and trigger a F2 notification and click Create return delivery

This is what is my concern

The create return delivery is not active

can just try and share me the experience

Pls help on this

Faisal

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hai Anand

any more tips on this issue can i expect from you

Faisal

Answers (0)