Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to JDBC

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have file to JDBC insert scenario. now i need the insert_count back into PI but I do not need to pass it back to the sender

I configured a Outbound Asynchronous service interface for FILE and Inbound Synchronous service interface for JDBC ...where response MT

is having insert_count field....but when the interface runs I am not getting the insert_count in PI.

To get the Insert_count in PI do I need to have an end-to-end sync scenario ??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can simply use the count function to check the insert count in mapping and map it to statement node. Why u wanted count response back from JDBC.

is ur file sender system requires that? Not that file always works in async mode?

chirag.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I just want to be sure that the records were really inserted ( modified ) in the table....but I think if the insert query is wrong receiver adapter itself will give error...so email alert can be raised...

so i think u guys are right ...I need to create a File to JDBC async scenario and no need to get the count back..

Am i correct??

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yep. If the business requirement does not care for the insert_count response, you dont need to.. Any way you are ignoring it.

If your insert has issues, obvious you get the log trace.

Also in the receiver jdbc channel go to advancedtab and do as follows

Parameter name: logSQLStatement value: true

This will help the log trace for the inserts. Just few cents

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Please see this thread

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Question:

What do you do with the insert_count response? If you dont need to send it to sender you can create async sync scenario and you dont need end to end sync interface.

>but when the interface runs I am not getting the insert_count in PI.

Have you used SAP recommended JDBC response mesg structure to get response?

Say your jdbc request root tag starts with <Statement> then jdbc response root tag should start with <Statement_response>.

If you follow the above syntax, you should be able to get it.

Refer this link for both request and response structure syntax

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/03/jdbc-receiver-adapter--synchronous-select-150-step-by-step