cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast quantity in Product view/requirement view post consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a query regarding the forecast quantity seen in Product view/requirement view post forecast consumption.While observing the consumption situation(using custom requirement strategy) in product view I noticed that the Forecast(FCreq) quantity for some days shows the allocated quantity for that particular day and somedays the sum of allocated and remaining planned quantity and for most of the future days it shows the quantity remaining after consumption(after allocation and withdrawal of actual forecast quatity).If I am not wrong it should show the remaining quantity(please correct me if I'm wrong here). But what factor/setting actually controls this behaviour?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sabareesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The forecast quantity displayed in the 'Element' tab should correspond to the remaining quantity displayed in the 'Forecast' -> 'Overview' tab.

If this is not the case, you can try to run the report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST to correct the situation in 'Element' tab.

Best Regards,

Ada

samir_ali
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Is it possible to use the report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST via RFC ( I mean as soon as Sales order(new/changed SO) transfer via CIF , this report get activated automatically and remove inconsistencies. ).

Regards

Samir

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Is it possible to use the report /SAPAPO/CSP_CORRECT_FCST via RFC ( I mean as soon as Sales order(new/changed SO) transfer via CIF , this report get activated automatically and remove inconsistencies. ).

Regards

Samir

Hi Samir,

Sorry but since I don't work on INT, I'm not sure how to acheive this. Sorry.

Best Regards,

Ada

former_member453166
Participant
0 Kudos

Sabareesh,

If you're questioning the consistency of the forecast consumption situation, I'd check Note 743646 - Incorrect consumption situation in product view. It calls for a solution to resolve inconsistencies. Also share the concerns above regarding requirements strategies. Very sensitive process.

However, I think your question is actually related to the "column" headers and how they tend to be confusing. This is a very popular issue that people have with the Product View transaction. The Rec/Reqt quantity is that which is actually included in the calculation of surplus/shortage so I would expect this quantity to actually be the "net forecast" (after consumption/reduction).

This can be rationalized more by looking at the forecast tab itself in the product master, but the column headers can still be misleading (particularly if you are trying to relate them back to the planning book itself). If either of these observations helps, let me know. If not, feel free to follow-up with more details (with actual numbers) and I'll try to delve in further with more explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments.

Here's an example of the issue for more clarity of the problem we are facing.

scenarion 1:

Product: ABCD

Actual DP forecast for the current week: 5,037

SNP Planning BOOK:-

Current week Bucket value

Forecast keyfigure:3078

Sales order Keyfigure:2669

Product view:-

Avail/req Date(Current week)------ Requirement element------ Rec/Req Qty

Day1--

FCreq 5678910--

Day2--

FCreq 5678911--

332-

Day3--

FCreq 5678912--

925-

Day4--

FCreq 5678913--

862-

Day5--

FCreq 5678914--

953-

Day6--

FCreq 5678915--

3-

Day7--

FCreq 5678916--

3-

Consumption Situation:-

DATE--- Quantity Planned- Withdrawal qty- Allocated qty--- Remaining Planned qty

Day1------ 1,188----

Day2------ 1,073--

741--

Day3------ 955--

30--

Day4------ 862----

Day5------ 953--

876--

Day6------ 3----

-

Day7------ 3----

-

In scenario 1,the forecast elements for Days 2,3,4 shows the allocated qty,FCreq for day 5 shows quantity planned and FCreq's for days 6,7 shows remaining planned qty.

scenarion 2:After few minutes(refreshing the planning book)

Product: ABCD

Actual DP forecast for the current week:5,037

SNP Planning BOOK:-

Current week Bucket value

Forecast keyfigure: 44

Sales order Keyfigure: 2669

Product view:-

Avail/req Date(Current week)------ Requirement element------ Rec/Req Qty

Day1--

FCreq 5678910--

Day2--

FCreq 5678911--

Day3--

FCreq 5678912--

Day4--

FCreq 5678913--

Day5--

FCreq 5678914--

38-

Day6--

FCreq 5678915--

3-

Day7--

FCreq 5678916--

3-

Consumption Situation:-

DATE--- Quantity Planned- Withdrawal qty- Allocated qty--- Remaining Planned qty

Day1------ 1,188----

Day2------ 1,073--

741--

Day3------ 955--

30--

Day4------ 862----

Day5------ 953--

915--

Day6------ 3----

-

Day7------ 3----

-

In scenario 2,the forecast elements for days 5,6,7 shows the remaining planned qty.I have also noticed instances where the forecast elements which initially have zero quantity later showing the ALLOCATED/REMAINING PLANNED QTY.

We are using custom requirement strategy with values:

Category----

FA

PIR Segment----

Net segment

Assignment Mode----

Assign customer requirements to planning product

CatGrp----

K01

Please let me know your views and suggestions.

Regards,

Sabareesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forecast consumption is a sensitive process. In case of doubt dont hesitate to run report /sapapo/csp_correct_fcst. Then if you still see unexpected results, check your consumption strategy. You may have had order you think due for consumption but on the R3 side the CIF reduction message is not triggered (like sales for samples). Withdrawn are considered for strat 10 and 20 like.

Hope it helps

Daniel