Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting PO from standalone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

<u>Scenario: SRM --> EAI --> External system</u>

We have a <b>standalone</b> scenario of SRM linked with an <b>EAI system</b> -- which is where we want to send generated <b>PO</b>s (after SC is approved) in <u>XML</u> format (ideally) -- and eventually from this <b>EAI system</b>, forward the <b>PO</b>s to external systems (mix of different platforms).

<u>Question:</u>

I realize this question is general, but whats the best way to do this?? (without using XI)

Meaning, is there a User-exit where I can put in logic to send it?? Or do I need to create a program to do it? If so, which BAPIs are best to use? etc..

Thanks for any insight possible on this subject 😄

Sincerely,

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

There are several Meta BAPI calls available that can send data in XML format to 'SLD defined systems (like XI)'.

We called these function modules from some tasks after the workflow event 'Released'. We couldnt find a suitable BADI in our case which would be called after the approval workflow.

Ofcourse, since we used XI, just an SLD definition was sufficient. I dont know what would be needed for a different EAI tool.

Do let me know if you need the specific function modules that we used.

Waheed.

PS: Plz reward points for useful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waheed

It looks like we are on the same scenario. Our scenario:

1)PO Request flow:

Web application --> XI --> SRM

2)PO Confirmation flow:

SRM--> XI -->Web application.

We are able to get the PO request into SRM via inboud XML interface, but not able to generate PO number and PO document to XI.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is SRM standalone scenior enough for this scenario?

2) What are the steps we need to do in order for SRM to generate a PO number, and then send the PO document to XI as XML?

3) What are the steps to define an external business partner, and send the purchasing document to the business partner?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

As a starting point, please read the following thread :

Kind regards,

Yann

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

Also read the following thread :

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Yann,

I have read your suggested threads.

We are <u>SRM 4.0 Standalone</u>, <b>no</b> XI, <b>no</b> BC.

<u>Question is</u>: How can we send POs to the EAI System without XI and BC??

Using <b>BBP_PO_SEND_XML</b>, at the point where <b>System Type</b>("<i>iv_system_type</i>") is determined, we unfortunately don't have <b>BCEBPXML1</b> or <b>XISAPXML1</b> available.

At this point can we define an <u>RFC Destination</u> maybe?

And then set <b>lv_system_type</b> equal to this RFC Dest. ??

Then when we execute <b>CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PO_SEND'</b>... question is will this work using the <b>System Type</b> as an <b>RFC Dest</b>...

All ideas are welcome...

Sincerely,

Tim